Dating Advice

Hey all ma fellow golden lovers! 

So, how does a guy from the UK successfully date and get into a relationship these days? I'm really missing having a partner of my own and I'm struggling to get anywhere with ladies of my age, or ladies period (excuse the pun).

Most people I'm finding aren't interested in connecting on a personal level with anyone, and it's all too common to ghost someone with no reason. I'm on the free versions of most of the dating apps in the UK, but get nowhere. 

So at this point, I'm looking for pointers or heads up as to what to do =] This is just a non-golden related posting =3

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, norfie654321 said:

So, how does a guy from the UK successfully date and get into a relationship these days? I'm really missing having a partner of my own and I'm struggling to get anywhere with ladies of my age, or ladies period (excuse the pun).

Most people I'm finding aren't interested in connecting on a personal level with anyone, and it's all too common to ghost someone with no reason. I'm on the free versions of most of the dating apps in the UK, but get nowhere. 

So at this point, I'm looking for pointers or heads up as to what to do =] This is just a non-golden related posting =3

Thanks in advance!

I think those date apps are impersonal,  go to a pub, talk to chicks, buy em a pint 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, MasterDarcy said:

Oh. You're all class. 😉

My 2nd real serious boyfriend (ex fiance) was a real gentleman to begin with. 

My hubby was a real gentleman and hero, but now I'm off track again 😆

Or red with a med rare steak,  mushrooms, onions, and roasted vegetables,  mhmmm Maybe shrimp if it's fresh , then homemade German chocolate cake,  ooh....made that a month ago, so good (no wine tho)

2 minutes ago, MasterDarcy said:

Nice.

There is nothing better than steak and red wine. Add mushrooms and red onions and a bit of Dijon Mustard and it's heaven.

Then, as you say, Black Forest Gateau... and a nice espresso to top things off.

Best. Food. Gasm. Ever. Lol

Never was one for fast food, waste of money, tho convenient,  I use to go to subway for a sandwich and Tim Hortons for a coffee,  it got to the point they knew my order just by my voice, this was b4 I got married and was at old job

11 minutes ago, MasterDarcy said:

A grave yard inspector?! Seriously?! That's cool!

I'm not even kidding. I love thar kinda thing. I'm morbid and morose... and I'm in love with Wednesday Addams. 😛

Nah. Don't worry about it. There are good carbs and bad carbs. Bread is good carbs.

Wednesday Addams is a cutie

1 minute ago, MasterDarcy said:

Lots of couples don't realize the nuances of marriage. They just jump into marriage and relationships without a moment's thought.

I hope the OP knows that he'll only get out as much as he puts in.

Kinda like my bff Mrs Bridger it seems, but I know her guy lol, and he's pretty awesome for a guy lol

Thanks in advance!

PS: Do not hijack my thread, if you want to talk to someone, DM them!

Well you can go on dating sites which nowadays don't have the sort of seedy, last chance salon reputation that they used to have.  A lot depends on what you're looking for.  Personally I've not met with any lasting success with those sorts of sites.   The lasting relationships I've had have been with people I've either met naturally in day to day life or on other platforms.