What interesting habits / quirks do you have?

Sophie

After much pondering, I came to the realisation that I do have a few quirks, some of which others find quite annoying:

1. The pause - when telling a story or joke, there's always a pause somewhere in the process.  Sometimes multiple pauses.  For me, it's just collecting and sorting to make sure I tell it right.  For my friends, the pause is a fraction too long and they start talking just as I resume.  Several friends have told me that I tell good stories but my delivery is annoying.
  2. Perspectives - I am cursed with a brain that sees alternatives everywhere.  This can be good for work (I can understand and relate to the customer perspective quite easily) but is bad elsewhere.  The general result is that my friends find me argumentative.  I never simply agree ... I always present some contrarian response.  I like to explore ideas, they just want to have a conversation.  Not sure there's an easy fix since it's how my brain works.  Yes, but ... is my normal answer.
  3. Interruption - I'm terrible.  I would interrupt god if I thought I had something to add, a different opinion, an alternative option.  I'm not trying to be rude, though that's the obvious outcome, just trying to get my idea out there before the conversation moves to other topics.  The worst is when I complete someone else's story/idea.  I try not to but I seem to have poor impulse control when an idea hits me.

On the more positive, quirky side, I can find a humorous note in almost anything.  My sense of humour can be sharp, deadpan, rude or just weird, but I try to keep things light.   Laughter is my social lubricant of choice.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Sexismygod said:

After much pondering, I came to the realisation that I do have a few quirks, some of which others find quite annoying:

1. The pause - when telling a story or joke, there's always a pause somewhere in the process.  Sometimes multiple pauses.  For me, it's just collecting and sorting to make sure I tell it right.  For my friends, the pause is a fraction too long and they start talking just as I resume.  Several friends have told me that I tell good stories but my delivery is annoying.
  2. Perspectives - I am cursed with a brain that sees alternatives everywhere.  This can be good for work (I can understand and relate to the customer perspective quite easily) but is bad elsewhere.  The general result is that my friends find me argumentative.  I never simply agree ... I always present some contrarian response.  I like to explore ideas, they just want to have a conversation.  Not sure there's an easy fix since it's how my brain works.  Yes, but ... is my normal answer.
  3. Interruption - I'm terrible.  I would interrupt god if I thought I had something to add, a different opinion, an alternative option.  I'm not trying to be rude, though that's the obvious outcome, just trying to get my idea out there before the conversation moves to other topics.  The worst is when I complete someone else's story/idea.  I try not to but I seem to have poor impulse control when an idea hits me.

On the more positive, quirky side, I can find a humorous note in almost anything.  My sense of humour can be sharp, deadpan, rude or just weird, but I try to keep things light.   Laughter is my social lubricant of choice.

An interesting list! Self awareness is the thing 🙂 You know your quirks, and have thought about them, and about what others think about them.