Recent quick pee right on the way

I learned at an early age that if you pee in one spot in the grass, the grass there will turn brown as the nutrients are too concentrated. But if you sprinkle the pee all over, it acts as fertilizer (from the nitrogen mainly).  This is the whole idea behind peecycling (use pee as fertilizer instead of flushing it). Google Rich Earth Institute to learn more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Peesfully said:

I learned at an early age that if you pee in one spot in the grass, the grass there will turn brown as the nutrients are too concentrated. But if you sprinkle the pee all over, it acts as fertilizer (from the nitrogen mainly).  This is the whole idea behind peecycling (use pee as fertilizer instead of flushing it). Google Rich Earth Institute to learn more.

Very interesting. But when I need to pee, I pee, I don't waste time to try ti sprinkle or what. I don't care to fertilize anything. I just need to pee. The effect you can see by yourself in the pictures I attached to this post. Anyway, thank you for your contribution.

• Love 3
  • Hot 1

I think the idea mentioned above of spreading pee around relates more to those who want to deliberately use their own pee as fertiliser on their own plants rather than being more concerned about needing relief whilst out and about.

Some people take the fertilising in a natural way by peeing outside and picking a different bush or different pots each time.  Others pee directly into the compost heap to enrich it and still others keep containers by the toilet which they use to collect pee and subsequently distribute around the garden by adding it to their watering cans etc.  

I have never actively practiced fertilising as above but I do pee on all sorts of plants and trees when I need a pee whilst I am out (and in my own small garden for that matter).

Different pee seems to have different effects though. @Malika’s pee obviously caused that particular plant to die off with just one (probably concentrated) dose.  However I regularly stay in a caravan for the weekend and it is sited in one place most of the time and both my wife and I use the toilet in the caravan maybe 3 or 4 times each per night (evening, bed time, morning and maybe even in the night).  At the end of the weekend I take the toilet tank out and simply empty it on the plants, so they get an instant hit of up to 16 bladders worth, maybe around 6 litres in one go.  The plants where I routinely empty the tank have thrived!   It was especially noticeable when we had a long dry spell over the summer and everything else was stunted and turning brown but there was one patch that was growing really well, a luscious green and was much taller than the the surrounding plants.

The pee is probably more of my wifes than it is of mine because I often by pass the toilet and pee directly onto vegetation outside - particularly my evening pees.  Those times I do spread it round more, as I just go wherever I feel like. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Alfresco said:

I think the idea mentioned above of spreading pee around relates more to those who want to deliberately use their own pee as fertiliser on their own plants rather than being more concerned about needing relief whilst out and about.

Some people take the fertilising in a natural way by peeing outside and picking a different bush or different pots each time.  Others pee directly into the compost heap to enrich it and still others keep containers by the toilet which they use to collect pee and subsequently distribute around the garden by adding it to their watering cans etc.  

I have never actively practiced fertilising as above but I do pee on all sorts of plants and trees when I need a pee whilst I am out (and in my own small garden for that matter).

Different pee seems to have different effects though. @Malika’s pee obviously caused that particular plant to die off with just one (probably concentrated) dose.  However I regularly stay in a caravan for the weekend and it is sited in one place most of the time and both my wife and I use the toilet in the caravan maybe 3 or 4 times each per night (evening, bed time, morning and maybe even in the night).  At the end of the weekend I take the toilet tank out and simply empty it on the plants, so they get an instant hit of up to 16 bladders worth, maybe around 6 litres in one go.  The plants where I routinely empty the tank have thrived!   It was especially noticeable when we had a long dry spell over the summer and everything else was stunted and turning brown but there was one patch that was growing really well, a luscious green and was much taller than the the surrounding plants.

The pee is probably more of my wifes than it is of mine because I often by pass the toilet and pee directly onto vegetation outside - particularly my evening pees.  Those times I do spread it round more, as I just go wherever I feel like. 

Thank you for your contribution. I can confirm that my pee on that plant was particularly concentrated, since it was somehow an early morning pee (second part of my first morning pee at home). What you explained surprises me a lot, because generally speaking I experienced opposite results, but after all I am firmly convinced that different people have slightly different pee, depending by their life style, but those little differences could be maybe very significant for a plant and its cycle of life, so it is maybe explained the opposite effect between different people and different plants. Anyway, if I want to grow a plant, definitely I should not pee on it.   :-)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Hot 1
On 10/23/2022 at 2:53 AM, Malika said:

Your remarks are all correct. I don't like holding pee , it is a nuisance for me. If I can, I relieve myself.

And yes, I knew in advance that I would have damaged the plant with my urine, but I also knew that this plant would have done a good job for my needs.

Finally, your last question. "Sacrificed" is a word that makes me feel kinda cruel. Anyway, it is difficult to answer, considering that I am not so young and I am used to choose plants as target of my pee for my own comfort (as mentioned above) when forced to pee outdoors. So, given that, it means that it happened many times in my life and so, as you said, surely many plants have been "sacrificed". Anyway, I assume that not all of them were completely killed. Hopefully stronger plants have been able to stand my pee.

I too choose to relieve myself for comfort and have probably watered hundreds of plants to date, being male more trees than leaves.  I have not really tracked if I've been a terminal influence on any as I rarely circle back but would not consider a plant to be a sacrifice, in your case they were likely annuals doomed to frost soon anyway and wild rather than someone's prize rose garden. Watering the plants is nothing different than other species do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, F0rester said:

I too choose to relieve myself for comfort and have probably watered hundreds of plants to date, being male more trees than leaves.  I have not really tracked if I've been a terminal influence on any as I rarely circle back but would not consider a plant to be a sacrifice, in your case they were likely annuals doomed to frost soon anyway and wild rather than someone's prize rose garden. Watering the plants is nothing different than other species do.  

I agree.   Peeing on plants in the wild is totally natural.   The one which is the subject of this topic was basically a weed growing amongst concrete so hardly a prized rose tended by a dedicated gardener.   If the odd plant reacts badly to a bit of pee then that is all part of nature.

• Agree 1
On 10/26/2022 at 9:45 AM, Malika said:

Thank you for your contribution. I can confirm that my pee on that plant was particularly concentrated, since it was somehow an early morning pee (second part of my first morning pee at home). What you explained surprises me a lot, because generally speaking I experienced opposite results, but after all I am firmly convinced that different people have slightly different pee, depending by their life style, but those little differences could be maybe very significant for a plant and its cycle of life, so it is maybe explained the opposite effect between different people and different plants. Anyway, if I want to grow a plant, definitely I should not pee on it.   🙂

I'm glad you took your relief where it was convenient and comfortable to you. That's what you should do. I think these days people are too concerned and constrained in their personal comfort and peeing. 

You pointed out that different people's pee had different impact. I don't want to intrude but is it possible you are taking some medication that had some impact? Or, are you a smoker? Those factors could affect chemicals in your pee. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Havelock said:

I'm glad you took your relief where it was convenient and comfortable to you. That's what you should do. I think these days people are too concerned and constrained in their personal comfort and peeing. 

You pointed out that different people's pee had different impact. I don't want to intrude but is it possible you are taking some medication that had some impact? Or, are you a smoker? Those factors could affect chemicals in your pee. 

Thank you for your supportive comment. And don't worry, I always take my pee in the most comfortable, convenient and relaxing way, no matter what  ;-)

No problems for your question, I can answer. I don't take medication that could specifically poison my pee, I think it's just my lifestyle not really healthy. As you mentioned, yes, I am a smoker and this surely affects my pee. Then I am not vegetarian, I drink alcoholic beverages (but I am not an alcoholic!), I take birth control pills... and so on. Surely these elements contribute to make my pee more toxic for the plants in comparison to a person who leads a healthier life. I have direct evidence of this, according to my life experiences. For example it happened to me to make camping holiday with other girls in my life. We were used to go pee together in the grass behind some bushes and over the days I noticed that where my friend (with my same habits) and I peed, the grass withered, instead where it was peed by my third friend, who doesn't smoke and doesn't drink alcohol, the grass remained in better conditions. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1