Site Error / Bug Why do I keep getting logged out!?

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Johnboy777 said:

I have just started having problems,  but I am usually in a forum, or posting a comment, and am redirected to Home.

It happens to me constantly. Sometimes I'll get kicked off, then as soon as I log back I get kicked off like 5 seconds later! Makes me crazy. 

• Like 1

It may help @Admin and any of our IT guru members if you're happy to give any further details which may pin down any specifics at your end...

• Computer, tablet, phone - are you affected when using any or all ?
  • Operating system ?
  • Particular browser you use ?   Incognito mode or normal ?
  • Do you use any other software - VPN, particular third party firewall / antivirus / pop-up-blocker etc ?
  • Have you already tried any steps to rule things out - different browser, computer etc ?

Not disputing at all that you're affected by the issue, but it's not something that many members are reporting here - so either they're suffering in silence without reporting or it is something fairly specific.

We did have an issue where every night the site would stop responding at the same time for a few minutes - so pages wouldn't refresh, wouldn't load and messages wouldn't send.  That was a very particular few minutes every 24 hours (something like 00:45 GMT) and we think coincided with the site doing an autobackup. 

The only issue I find is that with my Apple mouse, the mouse surface senses touch and allows page swiping by stroking across the surface.  Sometimes I'll inadvertently 'page back' when I'm trying to grab and move the mouse which is frustrating if I've got a half typed message.  If it's a post then the page stores the draft for when I swipe forwards again and click in the new post box.   That's my finger-trouble though and not a system defect.

• Like 1

I am usually on my tablet, using the Android system,  and in normal mode. A friend suggested I try moving closer to the source of the WiFi. I'll try that today. Thanks for replying to our issues. After trying a couple different things today I'll let you know the results. 

• Like 1
On 8/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, Johnboy777 said:

I am usually on my tablet, using the Android system,  and in normal mode. A friend suggested I try moving closer to the source of the WiFi. I'll try that today. Thanks for replying to our issues. After trying a couple different things today I'll let you know the results. 

I'm using the same configuration as well. Except I'm fairly close to the source of the WiFi. I haven't had any issues on my desktop, but I use it far less often. My current strategy is trying to stick to the desktop for stories or long answers. I'm starting to suspect my issues are rooted in this discount tablet. 

Edited by Takashi96
Clarity
  • Like 1

ADMIN. : I am usually using my tablet, and only a slight improvement when closer to the WiFi. My desktop is even further away from the WiFi, but I'm going to see what results when I use that. And like Takashi96 I  use the desktop far less often. I suspect it could possibly be my tablet, too, 'cause it’s older, and I need to invest in a newer one ... when I  hit the lottery. 😂 Otherwise I am loving being a member, only wishing I'd found it sooner.