Site Error / Bug Keep getting locked out of my account.

I keep getting locked out of my account when browsing on my tablet in incognito mode, I'm not entirely sure what is causing it and it is hard to troubleshoot when I'm locked out for 15 minutes at a time. What I think triggers it is signing out, but I cannot reproduce it reliably. I always enter my username and password correctly so it's not like I've hit a timeout for too many failed attempts. It first happened last week (the day I asked you about the chat reappearing) and I didn't report it, dismissing it as a one time glitch but it has happened again. 

One thing I noticed when it happens is I have something appended to the url wherever I browse. "ct=1602571469" the string may change each time, I'm not entirely sure but it's always similar and about the same length. I cannot remember if it is like peefans.com/ct=1602571469 or peefans.com/&ct=1602571469 if that makes sense? But if I see the string at the end I'm pretty much guaranteed to be locked out when I try to sign in. It follows me around the site when I'm reading topics until I close all incognito tabs, even if I manually remove it from the url. 

I'll edit this post if I make any discoveries. 

All I can add in support (and probably not much help) is that I browse incognito on my phone and computer, both apple.

On my phone I'll sometimes find that the site has logged me out - generally when it's been in the background for a good few hours.  But never noticed any block or timeout on logging back in again.  In other words, whatever issue you have doesn't seem to have affected my browser.

Have you tried 'private' browsing on another browser to see if this works as a temporary work around? Not sure if you can install / have another browser available on your tablet to try this with. Also is the browser you use on the latest version? Just wondering if there is a bug that may have been fixed in a later version. I appreciate you have probably tried these things already but thought I would ask in case you hadn't thought to try them. When I am not at home and I log onto the site using someone else's computer I also browse 'incognito' but don't experience the same issue. Then again I am browsing the site on a desktop as apposed to a tablet. I will keep thinking as like I say you have probably thought of what I have suggested / asked but wanted to start with the basics before moving to possibly more advanced solutions. I just want to help you if I can. Please let us know how you get on with the above since I want to help if I can.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:32 PM, lovestoseepee said:

Have you tried 'private' browsing on another browser to see if this works as a temporary work around? Not sure if you can install / have another browser available on your tablet to try this with. Also is the browser you use on the latest version? Just wondering if there is a bug that may have been fixed in a later version. I appreciate you have probably tried these things already but thought I would ask in case you hadn't thought to try them. When I am not at home and I log onto the site using someone else's computer I also browse 'incognito' but don't experience the same issue. Then again I am browsing the site on a desktop as apposed to a tablet. I will keep thinking as like I say you have probably thought of what I have suggested / asked but wanted to start with the basics before moving to possibly more advanced solutions. I just want to help you if I can. Please let us know how you get on with the above since I want to help if I can.

I haven't tried different browsers but it is the latest version. The biggest issue I have is it isn't consistent. I haven't had the problem since making this topic but it has happened a couple of times in the past. I don't know how to reproduce it reliably so I am unable to say if changing browsers has fixed it or if it just hasn't happened again. 

Unfortunately can't see any reason for this, and since nobody else has reported it (and I can't replicate it), very difficult to offer any advice other than clearing your cache. 

I suspect you may not have the issue if not in incognito mode, but I realize that's not always practical.

@Sophie hmm that's odd it does sound like it was a temporary issue (from what you have said above) and hopefully it won't occur again. I know that broswers go through regular updates so an update could have fixed the issue. Not sure if what @Admin suggested will work though since from my understanding of incognito mode any cache that is generated by the site isn't stored and is removed once you close the browsing session. Reason I say this is that it says the following (when you open an incognito browsing window) that the browser won't store cookies and site data (which from memory site data includes the cache of websites visited). Then again clearing cache wouldn't do any harm so it's worth a try. I would suggest monitoring this and if it happens again see if you can think of if anything has changed on your tablet. Keep us updated since I want to try and help you fix it if I can.

Edited by lovestoseepee