Pee holding records

I think my personal best is around 18 or 19 hours. It was in the summer, on one of those days where nearly everything I drank worked its way out through my pores and little made it to the bladder. I also was at least a dozen years younger, a time before my prostate sees I get up at least once every night. I doubt that I could ever come close to thse numbers again.

But, in recent weeks, I was overseas, in a place where toilet facilities were few and far between. And, what there were, I'd never use. I'd typically spend the days riding around the bush from shortly after sunrise until it got dark, looking for wild animals. In the interest of safety, it was often seven or eight hours between the times my guide would allow me to step outside the truck. And, one day it was 10 hours and another it was almost 11. I was starting to feel I'd got my old groove back.

What's interesting is now I'm home, I seem to have to pee much more often.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It's surprising how long we can ignore the need to pee when there is noplace available to go.  As long as you don't panic about it!

I know all about an older prostate getting you up at night.  I'm sure mine's older than yours, and if I want to get some sleep I sometimes get up twice.  Occasionally I know I can sleep in, so I'll attempt to hold it and doze off, but that rarely happens and I don't want to wet the bed.  Nowadays, holding is less successful than it used to be!

I play this game where I drink two liters of water over the course of an hour and then start a stopwatch. The point of the game is to see how long I can hold two liters inside myself. I've been playing this game for over 10 years and I try to do it the same way every time so I can compare results. It's an intense game because the water hits me fast, so there are times when I can't make it longer than 45 minutes or an hour; it's pretty rare for me to make it to 2 hours when doing this. My record in this game is around 4.5 hours which I set a couple weeks ago. I was extremely proud because my previous record was 3.5 hours and I never really thought I'd break that. I've gone much longer than that without peeing, but never when drinking that amount of water.

• 5 weeks later...