Hauling hay bales

Guest UnabashedUser
3 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Its powered by a naturally aspirated perkins diesel engine, fuel efficient but not a powerhouse lol

You feeding cows? Or selling hay?

6 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

Some of it comes from northern TX, much from the midwest down the Mississippi valley.  You running steers or milkers up there?

Cow calf operation. Dad has had cows since he was 16 and he's 63 now. He had been a cowboy for along time lol. He talks about getting out of cows but he is holding back 30 more heifer calves this fall. His calves go to market in October 

• Like 1
Guest UnabashedUser

Heifers are fun. I know you've rode one haha. Some of them will follow you like a puppy dog. Thats a lot of work all by itself. How many total cows u running?

40 minutes ago, UnabashedUser said:

Heifers are fun. I know you've rode one haha. Some of them will follow you like a puppy dog. Thats a lot of work all by itself. How many total cows u running?

Only 100. It's enough work when we grain farm 8000 acres lol. My brother and I are working vampire hours spraying lentils prior to harvest

• Like 1
3 hours ago, UnabashedUser said:

That's one big spread, pard. How far away is the nearest WalMart?

65km or 40 miles. This town with the Walmart in it is only 5000 people. The closest city is 250km or 155 miles away, and its population is only around 250,000

• Like 1