Why is it easier to complain then to be happy

I mean if i ask you to list 15 bad things and then 15 good things the bad things will be much easier to list. I think it's because we reflect more on bad things so then we remember them longer and that makes us react stronger to them. For example if i miss the train im going to become pissed off and problaby going to start thinking stuff like " why does this always happen to me" and " this day sucks" etc but if i don't miss it am i going to be happy and appreciate it? No i problaby wont even think about it. Bad example mabye but you get the point. Why are we always so negative and never appreciate good things? And why do we react stronger to bad things? For example most people will react stronger to a insult and remember it longer then a compliment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Peefreak99 said:

I mean if i ask you to list 15 bad things and then 15 good things the bad things will be much easier to list. I think it's because we reflect more on bad things so then we remember them longer and that makes us react stronger to them. For example if i miss the train im going to become pissed off and problaby going to start thinking stuff like " why does this always happen to me" and " this day sucks" etc but if i don't miss it am i going to be happy and appreciate it? No i problaby wont even think about it. Bad example mabye but you get the point. Why are we always so negative and never appreciate good things? And why do we react stronger to bad things? For example most people will react stronger to a insult and remember it longer then a compliment. 

I am going to put it to the test and list 15 bad things then 15 good ones and see if the bad ones are easier....

15 bad things...

1. Bigotry

2.Narrow-mindedness.

3. Conservatives

4. Organised religions.

5. Hypocrisy

6. Excessive greed

7. Brussel Sprouts

8. Heroin.

9. Global warming

10. Cruelty

11. War

12. Torture

13. Rudeness

14. Extreme selfishness

15. Speed cameras

Well that was pretty easy. Now 15 good things....

1. Full English breakfasts

2. Sunny days on the beach

3. Golden showers

4. Lager

5. Pay days

6. Altruism

7. The internet

8. Peefans

9. Compassion.

10. Mint choc chip ice cream

11. Sex

12. Books

13. Television.

14. Cinemas

15. Pubs

Yep, that took a bit more thought,

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I guess i should also list 15 good and bad things. 

Good things. 

Sex 

Loyality 

Love 

Fun 

Beer 

Friends 

Family 

Action 

Xbox 

Dogs 

Peefans 

Girls desperate to pee 

Nature 

Adventure 

Night ( i love being out at night xd) 

Bad things 

2 faced bastards 

Cowards 

Dissloyality 

Boredom 

Pain 

Loneliness 

Bad luck 

Backstabbers  

Snitches 

When you are always remembered of bad things in the past 

Fake people 

Actually i can't come up with more bad things it was easier writing them down tho but i came up with more good then bad. Problaby because im in a good mood. 

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, Peefreak99 said:

Thank you fro bringing up such a deep reflection

The answer you proposed is scientifically right. We are built by Nature to mark bad things and be more careful.

But today, is also a part of mental alienation, in the guise of Gestalt, let me explain.

A gestalt is a sum-up of situations performed by our brain, that starts to consider it normal and refuse to accept that it could change in any second. It brings people to "standardize" their life, not in the guise to make it normal, I mean they start to consider their routine as their own normality, to the point that they could even be scared by potential oncoming happiness, if it made your life to change too much!

When people get dragged into this mindset, they start can end perceive anything as granted, and fail to see the miracle which lies in every new thing

Now you will ask: but you said it's not a matter of bad vs good is a matter of standard vs strange. Yes. The problem is that people don't gestalt the classic form of their life and the evaluation they have of it: they gestalt their own perceived self-worth

This lead them to believe that anything good is for granted as it is a duty of Fate to cuddle them as they are great, and thus anything bad is an actual insult.

Demolishing this mindset helps people to rediscover life with unblemished eyes

• Love 2
10 hours ago, spywareonya said:

Oh poor them hHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH they just need to be cooked properly!!!!

It would take more than that. If Hell existed, the only food available down there would be Brussel Sprouts, lol

The only form of cooking that could improve a brussel sprout is the epicentre of a nuclear blast, vapourising it in a nanosecond.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, steve25805 said:

It would take more than that. If Hell existed, the only food available down there would be Brussel Sprouts, lol

The only form of cooking that could improve a brussel sprout is the epicentre of a nuclear blast, vapourising it in a nanosecond.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1