Mount Everest

G'day all. Have you seen the latest pics of Mount Everest?

Tourism is getting out of hand, even here, we have so many Chinese and Japanese tourists, the clueless authorities want to reduce the speed of the coast road to 20kph, so foreign nationals can take pics without getting out of their rented cars.

image.jpeg

Has anyone else been affected by tourism?

10 people have died on Mount Everest so far this year, mainly because they never carried enough oxygen, and ran out of air waiting in a line to get to the summit. The place has also become a tip, so much rubbish is left up there, people crap on the snow, it's sickening.

Has tourism degenerated so far that money earned is worth more than lives?

• Agree 2
4 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Tourism is getting out of hand, even here, we have so many Chinese and Japanese tourists, the clueless authorities want to reduce the speed of the coast road to 20kph, so foreign nationals can take pics without getting out of their rented cars.

that's mad!!

• Agree 1
39 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Where I live with Alex, HALF of real-time population ARE TOURISTS, 365 days per year

In Summer, it reaches 60%

I am NOT xenophobic (quite the opposite) but they are SO many that it sometimes makes me feel overwhelmed because they are EVERYWHERE chatting and taking selfies and walking and twenty per group and chat and walk and selfies and enter pubs and souvenirs and walk ALL AROUND

Oh Goddess I am gasping for air...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

not really where I am,  we have tourists visiting some of our historic sites but we could probably do with more to help the local economy

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mickymoist said:

not really where I am,  we have tourists visiting some of our historic sites but we could probably do with more to help the local economy

I would gladly send them all your way ahahahahha

• Haha 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, mickymoist said:

..and struggling to find places to piee 😂

It's more a problem than you may think, and it's NOT funny ahahahahahahah

I was anyway shocked by this as I read it on newspaper abroad section:

59 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

10 people have died on Mount Everest so far this year, mainly because they never carried enough oxygen, and ran out of air waiting in a line to get to the summit

Unless people died, it would have been worthy of a comedy movie

People tired of waiting, resting by leaning on an ice formation with one's shoulder, and the ice formation (indeed a frozen tourist) exclaims: "Hey, get the fuck off my personal space, we, don't know each other!!!"

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Scot_Lover said:

You just stroke a nerve with this question.

I am lucky enough to live (in my opinion) in one of the most beautiful places on earth, or at least in europe, I LOVE my home but unfortunately over the past 10 years this area got more and more popular (also thanks to social media) among turists and every summer (also winter, but not as bad) there are millions and millions of people that come to visit my place, without even really respecting its beauty. They come and treat everything as if it belonged to them and expect us locals to treat them like gods just because the bring us the money. Unfortunately they don't know how much we all HATE these arrogant bastards and I am sure if they did it would solve the problem of mass turism almost imediately.

I'm gonna stop here because I could talk for hours about how much I loathe turists and turism in genral.

It also breaks my heart everytime I see pictures from mount everest like these, because it's a magical place and also a sacred one for the locals and people just treat it like shit and that's just painful to watch.

• Agree 2
12 minutes ago, Gotah said:

I could talk for hours about how much I loathe turists and turism in genral

I want to visit places so hating tourism is not my call, but on EVERYTHING else you wrote I agree 100%

You can talk for hour about it if you want ahahahahah

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I want to visit places so hating tourism is not my call, but on EVERYTHING else you wrote I agree 100%

I want to visit places as well and if I do it I try to avoid turist attractions because I don't want to feel lika a turist myself, so I  always search for the "hidden gems" that only locals know about ... Not very easy though haha

8 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

You can talk for hour about it if you want ahahahahah

It would be good to get all of my anger out of my chest, but I can't really express my emotions through texting ... And texting agressively won't help either😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
10 minutes ago, Gotah said:

I want to visit places as well and if I do it I try to avoid turist attractions because I don't want to feel lika a turist myself, so I  always search for the "hidden gems" that only locals know about ... Not very easy though haha

I think tourism (inferred in the negative meaning of the word) is an attitude

I never act like one, even if I go see attractions

It would be good to get all of my anger out of my chest, but I can't really express my emotions through texting ... And texting agressively won't help either😂

Ahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I think tourism (inferred in the negative meaning of the word) is an attitude

Never thought about that actually, but I'm quite sure you're right

13 minutes ago, spywareonya said:

I never act like one, even if I go see attractions

I can't really speak for myself here unfortunately because I can afford trips to interesting places maybe once every three years so I havent been around a lot ... But I think I would probably do the same

• Agree 1

Never thought about that actually, but I'm quite sure you're right

I can't really speak for myself here unfortunately because I can afford trips to interesting places maybe once every three years so I havent been around a lot ... But I think I would probably do the same

Agree on everything...

• Like 2
  • Love 1