Overloaded?

Every now and again - usually only for a minute or two at a time - my search engines refuse to load this site. Peesearch used to have similar problems in busier years gone by and the cause was said to be servers being overloaded with excessive numbers of people trying to access the site all at the same time. Is that the problem here? If so, at least it is a sign of our popularity.

Anyone else been noticing this?

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, steve25805 said:

Every now and again - usually only for a minute or two at a time - my search engines refuse to load this site. Peesearch used to have similar problems in busier years gone by and the cause was said to be servers being overloaded with excessive numbers of people trying to access the site all at the same time. Is that the problem here? If so, at least it is a sign of our popularity.

Anyone else been noticing this?

I suppose the reason is exactly this

Yet, it self-fixes immediately, so...

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

It loads fine for me.  What do search engines have to do with it?  I don't understand.  Don't you just type the URL into your browser or click on it in your favorites? 

I store my favourite sites on  my favourites list and click on that. Alternatively, I type the site name into Microsoft Edge or Google then click on the link. In most cases the site loads fairly quickly. Just occasionally for short periods it does not. If you are already logged in when this happens the site ceases to respond to commands to access this or that subforum or whatever. It is no biggie, only lasts for a minute or two and is very infrequent. Typing in the URL has the same results.

• Thanks 1

We have had higher traffic recently, so it is almost certainly what you said, but please let me know if it continues to happen (more than just 'once in a while' or for longer than a minute).

I often don't notice these things depending on when I'm online, so a heads up is always helpful. If needed, we can upgrade some things to hopefully stop this. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, steve25805 said:

I store my favourite sites on  my favourites list and click on that. Alternatively, I type the site name into Microsoft Edge or Google then click on the link. In most cases the site loads fairly quickly. Just occasionally for short periods it does not. If you are already logged in when this happens the site ceases to respond to commands to access this or that subforum or whatever. It is no biggie, only lasts for a minute or two and is very infrequent. Typing in the URL has the same results.

Okay, gotcha.