Music of the movies.

F.W

Im sure we all have our favourite movies.What themes are among your favourites?

I often find i prefer the music to the film.

I would have to say most music by John Williams,who has written iconic music for many top grossing epics,like Jurassic Park,Star Wars,Indiana Jones,and i think his finest is Superman.Also the very simple yet heart rending Schindlers list,played on a violin,with a yiddish kind of theme.

Then you could have John Barry-Born Free,and of course much music of the Bond movies until his death.The famous Bond signature tune etc.

Hundreds of others i know.

Ron Goodwin,was a writer in the 60s.Worked on many British films,like Battle of Britain,Those Magnificent Men etc,etc......It was in fact Ron Goodwins,Battle of Britain march,known as Aces High,i think based upon a Luftwaffe song called "Bomben auf Engeland"that was popular among German pilots in 1940(-for a while anyway,lol)that since i was an aircraft mad young lad,has been my favourite piece of movie music.Then probably 2nd would be John Williams Superman.

When i first saw this i think i wet myself in excitement!Very apt of course!

Edited by F.W
  • Love 1

Armageddon (by Aerosmith)

Terminator 2 (sad, dramatic and ominous theme)

the AMAZING intro of Watchmen on the notes of Bob Dylan

The song of Django (by Bacalov, RIP)

All the jingles of western movies of the "$ Trilogy" of Sergio Leone with Clint Eastwood and the glorious ones of Once upon a Time in the West and the masterpiece Tombstone

...and I adore the funny jingle of the Ninth Door with Frank Langella and Johnny Depp!!!

For now, these… I'll come upo with something new later!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Saturday night fever.Dont watch the "12" edited version,but the original "18" film.A gritty,violent,street movie,underscored by some amazing dancing and fantastic music of the era by the Bee-Gees of course,among others.Imagine if "Grease" was like the edited version,all cuddly and lovey-dovey,and there was an "18" version where Olivia Newton-John gets gang raped in "Greased Lightning".....THATS the difference.