Has social media helped you feel more 'connected'?

I ask this because i've had the internet since 97. Originally it was this new breakthrough invention that could help you feel more 'connected' and 'social'. If anything it feels like the opposite. 

From Aol chat rooms, icq chat, myspace, twitter, tumblr, instagram, facebook, discord and more... i tried different social media outlets but end up feeling like i'm either being ignored, bullied, forgotten, pushed aside or just..feeling invisible. Any close connections i've formed on those social media outlets have sadly disingrated to nothing and i've lost a lot of best friends. I feel like i'm in 'limbo'. Still searching for a best friend. Someone i can talk to. Someone i can 'Hear'. Someone i could feel close to. Someone i could hang out with. So i wouldn't have to rely on my husband every damn day to be both a husband and a girlfriend to me. 

• Agree 1
  • Love 1

Not really,as i text or chat to friends in person,im not a believer in posting mundane details on line.I use FB as a way of joining in forums and political groups etc,or interest groups.

• Like 1

I don't do any social media.  I've never done Twitter, Facebook, or any of them.  I learned early on that these seem to bring out the worst in folks.  But, I do participate here, so I guess this is social media too.  But, in a forum with like-minded people, one is less likely to be blitzed. 

Plus, I don't like the "look at me" aspect of all those sites.  It seems rather arrogant to think that people will care what one person thinks or likes or whatever.  Maybe it's just me, but that's how I feel about it.

I am on no social madia, either. I do not consider facebook to be very social, anyway, and I never saw the point of twitter.

Also I do not understand why people on facebook call each other "friends" - online-acquaintances is what I would call them.

I did find some.. friends online, in an MMORPG, but once we stopped playing the game together, those contact smore or less broke off after a couple of months - it seemed there was no real connection other then the game to start with.

I had a very brief relationship to a lady thanks to a different, relation-related forum, and we stayed friends for a couple of years, but this friendship faded over time, as well.

I think when it comes to friends or relationships, the internet has done nothing for me in the long run, too.

In regards to this forum: I am here for the mere reason that I wanted to talk about this fetish with likeminded people, something that in real life I never had the chance to. Would I be in a relationship with a likeminded lady, I have to admit I wouldn't be here.

(Sadly, where I come from I have never found any forum that is as diverse as this one or the other on at peesearch; the ones I found were either very restrictive (one was devoted to pantywetting only!), while others were either not very organized (they were just one forum with no sub-forums) or had some kind of access-restriction (either they were pay-sites, or you had the enter the ID-number of your ID-card, which I sure as hell will never share over the internet).

I have to admit though that the internet is - for me at least - better then no internet. I am not a very sociable person, and wouldn't it be for the internet, I would be living in books and/or watch mindless tv-series. Oh, and yes, play computer-games, but that I do anyway. 😛

Social media, was... i had hoped, would play a big role on my social life. Living with a chronic illness it's hard to get out and meet people. Plus being chronically ill some people i think view me as a burden..that they just 'dont want to be my friend' due to my illness. In high school i really struggled to make 'friends' i didn't really have plans on the weekend. In college i still struggled to make friends. I was really hoping social media would help in this aspect. I don't drive. I work from home. My husband works 40 hours plus is in college class (on a campus). So i don't see him much. It's incredibly hard to be stuck at home most of my life. I crave social interaction.... instead well.. i talk to my dog... to my parents for  a bit every day (They live hours away), and i work on my stories... Plus being sick..it's hard to be sick and alone... it's easier to deal with illness when someone is there to 'talk' to you. hearing someones voice is comfort to me. Spending time with a 'friend' would be comforting to me. I don't have friends to hang out with besides my spouse. 

Edited by Blackinksoul30
  • Love 2