Words for Pee - Lets Play!

There are so many words to use in order to say something special. But how do you find those special words to say “I need to go pee”?

Of course, scientifically it’s known as urination, but also micturition, voiding, and, more rarely, emiction. Not many people, however, say, “Hey, I need to urinate”, or “I was just in the act of urination when…”. Perhaps it’s because the words urine makes us uncomfortable, or perhaps it’s because the noun and verb are distinct words, making the English language all that much more difficult to master. Whatever the case, we say just about everything else imaginable like, “Hey, I need to pee.” or “Gross, it smells like pee in here!”.

There are many different ways we talk about the need to urinate.

So lets all share them - I will go first.

I gotta piss like a race horse

• Like 2
There are so many words to use in order to say something special. But how do you find those special words to say “I need to go pee”?

Of course, scientifically it’s known as urination, but also micturition, voiding, and, more rarely, emiction. Not many people, however, say, “Hey, I need to urinate”, or “I was just in the act of urination when…”. Perhaps it’s because the words urine makes us uncomfortable, or perhaps it’s because the noun and verb are distinct words, making the English language all that much more difficult to master. Whatever the case, we say just about everything else imaginable like, “Hey, I need to pee.” or “Gross, it smells like pee in here!”.

There are many different ways we talk about the need to urinate.

So lets all share them - I will go first.

I gotta piss like a race horse

If a girl said that to me,i think i would get quite stiffy,the word "piss" to me,gives it a sexual connotation...In UK,we can say,"Go for a Gypsies"..(Gypsies kiss=piss)

• Like 1
Well, I use "I have to pee" but when my kids were younger, we would use the word "tinkle" or "peepee" in various sentences.
Haven't heard anyone use "tinkle" in a long time. Thanks for refreshing my memory. :)

I used to hike with a woman who'd often say she was going to "make water".

When I was a kid I used the term "I need to go for a wee wee".

The most common phrases by adults around me used now tend to be things like " I need a piss" , "I need a pee" , "I need a wee" , or "I need to go toilet". Sometimes I may occasionally hear more esoteric expressions, eg "syphon the python" , "squeeze the lemon", or "paint the porcelain", but these are quite rare.

I do find it mildly erotic when a girl talks about needing a wee. I think this is because "wee" is a very feminine word when used by an adult, or seems so to me because I only ever here ladies using it. I often hear female work colleagues, for example, mentioning their need to "go for a wee". But I never hear a guy say that. They just seem to say "pee" or "piss". "Pee" seems to be a unisex word in the sense that it is as much used by females as males, but "piss" is more often used by males. I think ladies regard that word as a bit too unladylike in many cases. But perhaps for that reason, whenever I do hear a lady talking about needing to "go for a piss" I find it quite sexy.