A universal truth?

Not sure if this topic belongs here but I was intrigued to see a news story today that Georgia Tech has won the 2015 Physics Ig award (mock award by Harvard for "improbable research" for a study showing that nearly all mammals take the same amount of time to urinate!

One does wonder how and why that one was thought up.

The scientist in me suggests we do our own study into this matter. I propose we conduct further research, this time measuring both the time to urinate as well as the volume passed.

Perhaps we could encourage participation by offering a reward for the "speediest" bladder.

I seem to remember we did this a long time ago. I just peed for 32 seconds according to my stopwatch. I think I average 25 to 45 seconds. Lots of variables come into play here.
I most appreciate your efforts into this research. I don't suppose you recorded your volume, too? I'll expect a full :wink: report from you.
The scientist in me suggests we do our own study into this matter. I propose we conduct further research, this time measuring both the time to urinate as well as the volume passed.

Perhaps we could encourage participation by offering a reward for the "speediest" bladder.

Hidden camera in the stall

Who has the speediest bladder of all? :biggrin:

I seem to remember we did this a long time ago. I just peed for 32 seconds according to my stopwatch. I think I average 25 to 45 seconds. Lots of variables come into play here.

Does the presence of spectators affect how long you take? I'd be happy to help you run some simple experiments. :tongue:

You're completely right. A normal pee may take 30 seconds or so, but if I wait and hold for a while I've got video evidence of full flow for a minute and more. Peeing for a full minute always feels good.