Glastonbury?

Hi there, I've secured tickets for this year's Glastonbury and was curious if anyone had been and had any good sightings?

Cheers

Haven't been to Glastonbury but having attended T in the Park (P in the Park) I would say sightings are guaranteed

For a few years in the past, I worked for a company providing support for the festival. That involved doing a lot of driving on the days before it officially kicks off on the Friday as well as on some of the main days.

Two years on the trot, something in the local area conspired to cause traffic like you've never seen and queues of 5+ hours to get into the site at Pilton.

In the first year, I recall there was pissing going on all over the place, on the main roads. At one point a girl jumped out of the car in front, did a squat piss on the road shielded only the door and as the car moved forward there was a lovely puddle with a tissue in it. All evening sightings of girls and guys pissing in hedges could be seen, all very good!!

I've never been deep into the site (by Sun evening it smells of rubbish, toilets and dead people tbh but I imagine it to be a mixed sex piss fest.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't they clean this up?

There was a thing on tv, Discovery Channel, or NatGeo about the environmental impact, a big thing was the rubbish.

Truly gross what some people did, i'll see if I can find it (it was one year where it tipped down, rained the whole time, made the place a bog)

One thing comes to mind, an abandoned tent with a kiddie pool that was used as a toilet, just left there. I'll leave it to you to imagine the smell.

Been to the Reading festival over August Bank Holiday and confess to taking a pee with about half a dozen girls behind the chemical mobile bogs that were out of order at the time...well when needs be!

I've done something very similar at Leeds festival before, the toilets weren't out of order but there was a line and they weren't very clean so a handful of us found somewhere quietish and squatted together. We didn't know each other but still had a laugh.

• Like 2
I've done something very similar at Leeds festival before, the toilets weren't out of order but there was a line and they weren't very clean so a handful of us found somewhere quietish and squatted together. We didn't know each other but still had a laugh.

Sophie provides another beautiful image,with just her words....:)

If I understand it right, it makes plants and weeds grow in the streams, and the plants use up all the oxygen, so the fish can't breathe. I don't think its as big a deal at smaller festivals.

As to fish..In rivers in Africa,live hundreds of Hippopotami,and at the waters edge come to drink thousands of big animals,that bathe and urinate,defecate etc.Plus,all the dead animals,that crocodiles drag below,and rot.Yet those rivers are teeming with fish,if you look at all the cormorants,herons,pelicans etc.So that must be an official line,probably to avoid public decency etc.

but thats all part of the ecosystem that has been in place sif thousands of years, Im sure iff you tip a few 40,000 litre tankers worth of pee into the water course every day over a long weekend it will cause problems there too, imagine a small city of 100,000 springing up overnight and everyone peeing in the bushes..... mmnnn.... I digress, its not going to do the nearby rivers much good once it seeps in