Pay Toilets

I encountered some pay toilets in Thailand.  There was usually a man sitting at a table by the entrance and collecting the fees from both men and women.  The charge was 5 Baht (About 12p,  or 25 cents Australian)  I think it must have been to pay for cleaning as the facilities were very clean inside.

It's OK by me if that's how they want to arrange things,  but I did find that most restaurants and bars there provided toilets for customers at no charge.

1 hour ago, likesToLick said:

I encountered some pay toilets in Thailand.  There was usually a man sitting at a table by the entrance and collecting the fees from both men and women.  The charge was 5 Baht (About 12p,  or 25 cents Australian)  I think it must have been to pay for cleaning as the facilities were very clean inside.

Oh yeah I experienced this in a club in Greece last year. Also if you tipped him a bit extra he'd squirt you with some expensive perfumes/after shaves etc. Seemed to be a common theme with their late places.

A lot of Spain's smaller outside toilets have someone stationed there at all times too. In the McDonalds in Alicante they had a 4 digit pin on the door to the toilets as well. So different from here in the UK.

This is definitely a UK thing. 

I think some of it is also down to the area. There's a lot of public toilets in towns and villages I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Not just because they aren't cleaned, but mainly because they turn into crack dens and usually full of used needles etc. 

The pay toilets I remember are some of the ones around Birmingham city Centre. It was a singular wet room style toilet. You'd pay, do your business, come out. The door would lock on exit and the whole wet room would be washed before the next person goes in. 

• Like 1
On 4/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, Metalcrue said:

You'd pay, do your business, come out. The door would lock on exit and the whole wet room would be washed before the next person goes in. 

I'd gladly pay to visit one of those. I wouldn't bother to aim at a designated receptacle of any kind, instead I would thoroughly wet the room myself before stepping out and let the machinery do the same.