How much do you urinate?

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all doing well?
I’m here to share an experience and also get some feedback.
I’ve always enjoyed peeing, but lately, my bladder has become lazy, and I’ve been having trouble urinating. Sometimes, I even need to use a catheter to empty my bladder myself. I don’t always feel the urge to go, and we don’t know why. I only feel the need to urinate when I reach about 3 deciliters.
When I do manage to urinate, I pee about 3 or 4 deciliters.

Would any of you be willing to share your experience and measure the volume of your urine when you go? That would be helpful for me.
I’d like to get back to being natural and regain my normal urges.

Thank you to those who are willing to help.

• Hug 2
24 minutes ago, Wak-ket said:

Hello everyone,
I’ve always enjoyed peeing, but lately, my bladder has become lazy, and I’ve been having trouble urinating. Sometimes, I even need to use a catheter to empty my bladder myself. I don’t always feel the urge to go, and we don’t know why. I only feel the need to urinate when I reach about 3 deciliters.

Would any of you be willing to share your experience and measure the volume of your urine when you go? That would be helpful for me.

Aw, I am truly sorry to hear about what you're going through. Just last week, I had a really bad UTI and had to be on antibiotics for a whole week. I really do feel much better and now actually get up to pee when I get the urge. I want to say I urinate for at least 8 or more trips to the bathroom. I drink plenty of water during the day and sometimes drink regular soda. Although I think I am doing good with limiting them to one or two a day now.

• Hug 2

Hi @Wak-ket and welcome on this forum!

For my part, I tend to feel the urge every two to six hours, depending on my activity and hydration. Sometimes more often, which is somewhat embarrassing. Usually, I feel the urge at around 300ml, so that is in line with your numbers. Maximum bladder volume is much more, I've measured more than a liter. Which is also normal - the literature says that you feel the urge first when your bladder is 1/3 to 1/2 full, so that alines with my personal experience.

I wouldn't panic in your place if you don't feel the urge before 300ml. Try to stay well hydrated though - I know it can be tempting to reduce hydration if peeing gets difficult, but there are negative consequences if you're not well hydrated. In my example, if I'm peeing about five times a day 300ml, plus the first morning pee, that would be around 1.5l to 2.0l per day. How much do you measure per day?

Take care!
alpian.

• Hug 1
2 hours ago, Wak-ket said:

Hello everyone,

Your profile doesn't say if you are male or female or your age.

If you are an older male, I would immediately think prostate issues. If you are female, then maybe a UTI. If you have to use a catheter to empty, that sounds serious.

Either way, a consult with a health provider is likely in order, so it doesn't get worse.

300-400 ml seems like a normal pee volume. I normally pee 500-600 ml, but I am feeling rather full, but not desperate, by then.