What do you think of the street urinals in these videos?

On 7/15/2024 at 9:24 PM, Alfresco said:

I haven’t watched the videos as they are too long and I don’t know at which point(s) in the videos the urinals feature.

However, I have seen street urinals in London and other cities and I have used them.  I like using them because it gives me an opportunity to pee in public on show without any fear of repercussions.  If others, especially the ladies, choose to look, then that is fine by me.

My general view is that people who are a bit drunk lose inhibitions and the men who use these would otherwise pee on the street in a corner anyway, so this just reduces the amount of piss on the street.   The one thing that I find a bit strange is that they are often positioned very publically and in full view of people walking on a busy route, so if you use it you are going to be seen.   This means that some guys would still rather go and find a more secluded corner to pee, which partially defeats the object of having them.   I often wonder whether they would be better if they were positioned in less conspicuous positions and maybe had signs in prominent positions indicating where they are.   That said, whilst it is obvious what you are doing, if you get close to the urinal then you are not really exposing yourself although it is obvious what you are doing.  Personally I stand a little further back which allows a view if someone wants to look.

I do think that in the interest of equality, facilities for the ladies should be offered too.  There are options that could work.   I have seen ladies use male street urinals a couple of times and also seen evidence that woman have used them - eg tissues on the floor.

Facilities for ladies ARE offered. Like you said, women use them too!

On 7/17/2024 at 2:26 AM, Alfresco said:

Thank you.  Yes, I've used those types and several others.    The ones in the first video do seem to be in an incredibly public place though!    In the place for the second video it looks like they have realised that ladies also pee and they have put a proper portaloo there.   Personally I'd like to see public urinals for men and women, but that's just because I'm a bit of a voyeur and an exhibitionist and also I don't think it is fair that guys get approval to pee in public and yet similar facilities are not available for ladies.

The facilities are available for everyone.

13 hours ago, esbatmad said:

Don't need an "appendage" to use them, and women are free to use them too! Personal choice.

I'm familiar with the mechanics of female urination. Not all women are as predisposed to peeing upright. And not all women can pee accurately into a urinal on their first attempt. Typically, women with competent urinal peeing skills had to build them up over time. A drunk desperate women turning down the opportunity to use a urinal is making a personal choice based on anatomy not lack of confidence. For her, an attempt to use the urinal without prior experience opens up the possibility of too many unpleasant outcomes. She doesn't want to expose herself in public. She doesn't want to expose herself and miss the urinal. And she really doesn't want to piss all over herself with an audience. 

There was an incident in the Netherlands maybe 5-10 years ago where a woman was fined for peeing on the street. The judge who gave her the ticket said woman could use the urinal if they chose to. This turned into a social media challenge with women attempting unsuccessfully to pee in the street urinals and eventually led to a protest where large crowds of women peed all around the urinals. 

https://www.dw.com/en/dutch-women-protest-lack-of-female-friendly-public-toilets/a-40655098

Edited by Takashi96
Link
  • Agree 1
42 minutes ago, Takashi96 said:

I'm familiar with the mechanics of female urination. Not all women are as predisposed to peeing upright. And not all women can pee accurately into a urinal on their first attempt. Typically, women with competent urinal peeing skills had to build them up over time. A drunk desperate women turning down the opportunity to use a urinal is making a personal choice based on anatomy not lack of confidence. For her, an attempt to use the urinal without prior experience opens up the possibility of too many unpleasant outcomes. She doesn't want to expose herself in public. She doesn't want to expose herself and miss the urinal. And she really doesn't want to piss all over herself with an audience. 

There was an incident in the Netherlands maybe 5-10 years ago where a woman was fined for peeing on the street. The judge who gave her the ticket said woman could use the urinal if they chose to. This turned into a social media challenge with women attempting unsuccessfully to pee in the street urinals and eventually led to a protest where large crowds of women peed all around the urinals. 

https://www.dw.com/en/dutch-women-protest-lack-of-female-friendly-public-toilets/a-40655098

Who said anything about being their "first time"? Certainly not me! That's just a straw man as the same fate would hold true for any man if it was his first time. Also, I never said anything about intoxication that can also adversely affect a man's accuracy in urinating in a standing position. So yeah, both a straw man and a common denominator. Additionally, any "exposing" of herself is exactly what a man does. In fact, if done right, a woman would expose less than a man.

As for said "social experiment", that too has nothing to do with the fact that both women are free to use the urinals and they need no such "appendage" to do so. For what it's worth, not only are the numbers of women who urinate standing (just like any guy) rapidly accelerating, but indeed many of them regularly use urinals!

Every now and then the term MANSPLAINING comes up...   where our membership is maybe 80% men, who have an obsession with female pee.   And those who do actually know about how ladies pee because they were born and lived their lives as ladies can get really, really, really pissed off about being told how their bodies work, what they can and can't do, how they should do it differently etc...

May I suggest - the topic here is 'what do you think of the street urinals...'

Let's stick to that topic and not the 'what do you think ladies should think of....'

• Agree 3
1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Every now and then the term MANSPLAINING comes up...   where our membership is maybe 80% men, who have an obsession with female pee.   And those who do actually know about how ladies pee because they were born and lived their lives as ladies can get really, really, really pissed off about being told how their bodies work, what they can and can't do, how they should do it differently etc...

May I suggest - the topic here is 'what do you think of the street urinals...'

Let's stick to that topic and not the 'what do you think ladies should think of....'

Thank you! I was getting rather annoyed and was formulating an answer in my mind, but will now chose not to comment and just not look at this thread again.

• Hug 1
  • Agree 1

I’d be happy to use such a urinal in public. Too bad there are not any similar facilities for women. They should provide these pee devices for women. Would make it an excellent opportunity to cross streams 😀