Drinking more water

Been on a health kick last 3-4 weeks and have upped water intake from virtually nothing to 1.5 litres per day. This has massively increased my need for peeing. Used to go maybe 3x a day has now become more like 6-7 times, meaning I have been caught short on a number of occasions.

Also the velocity and speed of my pee has so much more force.

Anyone else ever noticed this with a health boost and more water intake?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, creativity123 said:

Been on a health kick last 3-4 weeks and have upped water intake from virtually nothing to 1.5 litres per day. This has massively increased my need for peeing. Used to go maybe 3x a day has now become more like 6-7 times, meaning I have been caught short on a number of occasions.

Also the velocity and speed of my pee has so much more force.

Anyone else ever noticed this with a health boost and more water intake?

I guess I've been on this health kick for several years. Between protein drinks, water and occasionally coffee, I usually drink 4 to 5 liters a day. Of course what goes in has to come out. As you're recently discovered, sometimes very forcefully!  😁

I'm in a similar situation; about 6 months ago I began to improve my health, which involved cutting back on sugar drinks like soda, cutting back on alcohol, and replacing it all with water. In addition to these changes, I've focused on improving my eating habits and increasing my exercise. I've lost almost 30 pounds so far.

I don't know my total fluid intake, but I'd estimate that I pee 10+ times a day. I wouldn't say I've noticed a change in velocity or force, but definitely in color. It's often either clear, or close to clear. 

Some time ago I was hospitalized for multiple problems, and one of them was an issue with my kidneys. The doctors all told me I needed to increase the amount of water I drank, which I'd say was average at the time. I have since then increased the amount of water I drink on average just for fun lol. I have a 40 oz tumblr (a fake Stanley 😝) that I refill 1 or two times a day with water and I enjoy the health benefits. My skin looks nice and I have a lot more energy than I had when I was loading up on mostly juice and soda and stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’ve never noticed a change in the force of my stream with being more hydrated but I have definitely noticed that the amount of times I have to pee in a day goes way up when I’m drinking 3-4 liters of water on top of my usual daily tea. Maybe I should wait a little longer to go and see if the pressure goes up. 
I would argue that the mental health benefits of hydration are huge—as I read somewhere once, if you drink at least a gallon of water every day, you won’t worry about other people’s drama (because you’re too busy peeing all the time) 

• 4 weeks later...