I have had a long standing issue on this forum with links not working when I try to share them. Everyone else's links work fine for me but I cannot post my own. They just don't work on this site for me and have not done so for a long time, though links work fine for me everywhere else on the internet. This is a weird on because everyone else's links seem to work fine here and my own work fine everywhere else. Might be a browser issue because I tend to use Microsoft edge just because that is where all my favourite sites happen to be bookmarked.

When I try to post a link, all that happens is this....

Piss party | xHamster

Clearly that has not worked as a link. This prevents me from posting links to videos. Am I doing something wrong? All I have ever had to do before is copy the url and paste it here and it appeared as a link but that does not seem to work for me here anymore.

Are you definitely copying the URL and not just the title of the page? Copy what is in the URL/search bar

image.png

The other thing you could try is:

- Having highlighted the complete address URL (in this example www.xhamster.com/..... ), right click and copy or Ctrl-C etc

- Create your post on Peefans, and click on the 'chainlink' symbol in the text entry box).   Click Ctrl-V or right click and paste.  Click insert into post

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Are you definitely copying the URL and not just the title of the page? Copy what is in the URL/search bar

image.png

Yes I have been doing that, which works everywhere else and used to work here. 

I was attempting to try on a different browser but appear to have forgotten my password.....havent had to sign in on this browser for ages due to being permanently signed in. Now I fear once I log out it will sign me out here too. Am trying to remember what my password might be on another browser but if I get it wrong it does not let me try again for 15 minutes. One attempt every 15 minutes could take a while, lol

Edited by steve25805

By transferring all my stored passwords from microsoft edge to firefox was able to see the password for this site. Am now going to attempt the same link on firefox to see if that works....

Piss party | xHamster

Nope, so I doubt that my browser is the issue. And I am definitely copying the entire url and not just the title so it is some sort of system error somewhere but I dont know what because it seems to work for everyone else. Its a complete mystery to me.

26 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

The other thing you could try is:

- Having highlighted the complete address URL (in this example www.xhamster.com/..... ), right click and copy or Ctrl-C etc

- Create your post on Peefans, and click on the 'chainlink' symbol in the text entry box).   Click Ctrl-V or right click and paste.  Click insert into post

That is what I have been doing, but it doesnt work for me on this site though it does everywhere else.

Posted (edited)

I copied it from one browser and pasted it in the other which might be a problem if one of the browsers is the issue.

So this time will both copy and paste in firefox to see if that works....

https://xhamster.com/videos/piss-party-xhFcl9f

Yes!!! It appears that microsoft edge is officially crap, lol

Edited by steve25805
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, steve25805 said:

I copied it from one browser and pasted it in the other which might be a problem if one of the browsers is the issue.

So this time will both copy and paste in firefox to see if that works....

https://xhamster.com/videos/piss-party-xhFcl9f

Yes!!! It appears that microsoft edge is officially crap, lol

Yes, it is well known that Edge is the best browser.... to download a better browser.

Glad you got a link posted!

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1