Hello, I've been searching for the fictional story house party piss nightmare as it is one of my favourite. But I can't seem to find it, was it removed ?

I noticed that the deletion thread was recently wiped so probably what happened was the user who created the story had requested deletion at one point and when it was granted their content disappeared along with them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I noticed that the deletion thread was recently wiped so probably what happened was the user who created the story had requested deletion at one point and when it was granted their content disappeared along with them.

Oh okay, I knew the used left the site but I thought his content would stay. 

You're right in terms of deletions having been processed.   Whilst on the surface it seemed like nothing was happening, there have been some busy mice (Hitchhiker's Guide reference) doing various things behind the scenes.

One of the main things has been a streamlined process for user removal, which is now similar to the process we follow when we get a spammer on the site - a simple click or three that removes them.

The implications when members request deletion are:

- Many members requesting deletion are those who try out the site and decide they want to leave, with literally one post - requesting deletion.   So that member disappears, along with their one post.  (And that's why the deletions page is now empty).

- Many of the members with content who request deletion do expect that their personal photos, anecdotes, mentions of where they live etc will also vanish.  It's often about keeping their identity protected.  And the new process takes care of that by quickly and easily removing their content with them.

- There are cases though where a member has created a post, and that post has become more of a community work...  Remember when the 'funnies' post disappeared?   So when a member with plenty of content requests deletion, we do take a look through their content.  Any replies to existing threads they've made are cleared and removed.   But if they've made a post fairly recently and plenty of other people have commented and added, then we keep the thread - just that it only contains the second and onwards posts.

For example...

A creates a new thread,  B adds a reply, then C makes a comment, then A replies, then D, B again, then E and F.

When A requests deletion, we don't want to lose all the meaningful content - so we transform it into a new thread with the same title where B has the first post...    and it then is a thread that contains B, C, D, B, E & F.

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Oh okay, I knew the used left the site but I thought his content would stay. 

It's a difficult one - in this case we've lost a story that they posted which is a shame - but in many other cases people have photos of themselves etc. that they have second thoughts about.   And when they've requested removal we have to comply.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 4/30/2024 at 2:32 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

It's a difficult one - in this case we've lost a story that they posted which is a shame - but in many other cases people have photos of themselves etc. that they have second thoughts about.   And when they've requested removal we have to comply.

You guys are so amazing. I’m sure other sites wouldn’t be as good to members who change their mind. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1