Bed bugs and urine

Hi everyone!

Almost all my adult life I have loved to pee in naughty places. The last couple of years I've been pissing in my bed on purpose very regularly. Although I use mattress protection and I clean the bed regularly it is sometimes unavoidable to have some pee leaking on the floor or in the bed. My room doesn't really smell that bad but there Is unmistakably a very faint urine odour present.

I love it, but at the same time I do worry it might attract bed bugs or something. Does anyone have experiences or knowledge about this? Should I be more careful or are bed bugs and urine unrelated?

I would appreciate some insights here as I really want to avoid getting those nasty creatures in my home!

Thanks!! RDC

• Hot 1

Bed bugs aren't necessarily attracted to anything. The only way you get bedbugs is by bringing bedbugs into your home via eggs/bugs on your/another person's clothing or other belongings. They aren't like roaches or ants that scavenge for food, so as long as you try your best to stay away from bed bug infested areas you should be fine continuing to pee in your bed. I would be more worried about the damage it would do over time to the inner parts of the mattress and the floor than bed bugs, but it sounds like you got that covered. 

Source: I have an incurable phobia of bedbugs and other parasites and have done plenty of research to ensure I don't bring those fuckers home 😩

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your insights Bacardi! You really reassured me; I needed that! 😇

I've been craving to pee my bed and bedroom floor the last couple of days but I just didn't dare to do it anymore... Guess I'll start drinking that water bottle here now...

Cheers!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bacardi said:

Bed bugs aren't necessarily attracted to anything. The only way you get bedbugs is by bringing bedbugs into your home via eggs/bugs on your/another person's clothing or other belongings. They aren't like roaches or ants that scavenge for food, so as long as you try your best to stay away from bed bug infested areas you should be fine

I’d heard similar things but about bedbugs being attracted to/by semen, which I think is also untrue, really.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, RDC said:

but at the same time I do worry it might attract bed bugs or something.

I don't know about bedbugs,  but in my experience, spilled urine definitely attracts cockroaches.