DIY urinal

On 1/8/2024 at 11:55 AM, glad1 said:

Even where I live in the south, it often gets cold in the winter. Which means that I sometimes don't want to head out into Nature every time I need to answer one of her calls.

Normally, I'd just head to the shower and aim for the drain or, if I'm up for some fun, at the far wall and see how far up I can make a splash.

But, in the last month or so, the thought occurred to me that maybe I should have my own urinal. So, I created one out of a gallon-size plastic bottle and taped it to my shower. I even dressed it up with a coat of black paint on the outside, so it looks a little like something you might see in one of those trendy hotel bathrooms. 

In the past few weeks it's seen plenty of use, though so far only by me.  But, I've had a few online friends ask how they could make one for themselves. And, I have it on good authority that at least one woman has been regularly using one which she patterned from mine.

240107_81380.jpg

Looks like a great idea. Is there a hose to a drain or does it drain out onto your feet?

5 minutes ago, DoctorDoctor said:

Looks like a great idea. Is there a hose to a drain or does it drain out onto your feet?

A couple days ago I attached a hose to the opening at the bottom, so it can empty either into the shower drain, bucket or a measure.

• Agree 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyP said:

I would love to try this with my she-wee. 

I'd encourage you to make your own and try seeing how well you can do. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help in its construction, or tips for its use. 😆

Since a few people have asked for help in the construction, I thought I'd provide an illustrated step-by-step.

1.   Find a suitable plastic bottle. For this example, I've chosen a gallon-size container for water. A milk bottle should work as well. If you want something a little more rugged, you could try a one that contained bleach. Whatever kind you use, you'll want to save the cap.

2.   Mark on the bottle, on the sides away from the handle, what needs to be cut away. I leave about half of what had been the bottom and almost an inch below were it tapers at the top.

3.   Using a utility knife, carefully cut along the line you made, I go back and smooth the edges with scissors, so there's nothing sharp you might catch on.

4.   Pick up about 3-feet (1 meter) of 3/16" (5mm) flexible plastic tubing, along with an nipple/adapter. Punch a small hold in the center of the cap to fit. I use plastic cement to make sure the adapter and tubing don't separate from the cap.

5.   Screw the cap back into the bottle. Using a loop or two of heavy duty tape, attach the bottle to the wall. The tubing can be inserted into a bucket or measure. Other wise it should empty into a drain.

Now, stand back and admire your work. (Okay maybe not THAT far, at least the first few times.)

240112_88372.jpg

240112_88375.jpg

240112_88385.jpg

240112_88387.jpg

240112_88388.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, colette888 said:

It definitely seems convenient for a female usage too...

One woman has already demonstrated that. I'm hoping she's won't be the only one.

• Agree 1

It seems to me that this would be a great idea for use where you want to be able to pee but there are no facilities or drains.  For example, you could install one in your garage or shed with the pipe routed through a hole in the shed floor or the side wall or under the garage door.   You could even install one in your home office or bedroom with the pipe drilled through the wall and protruding a few inches beyond the wall to pour out and fall to the ground, or have a longer pipe outside leading to a drain or put into a hole in the ground.

if you have a boat, this could be rigged in the cabin with the pipe leading overboard.  It would be more efficient than the bucket and chuck it method.

If you have a caravan without a toilet, this would work well.  You could exit the pipe through the floor or lead it into the sink plumbing.  Then again, you could just pee in the sink in the caravan.

The options are many and varied.  It is a simple but effective design.

• Thanks 1