Hotel Room Fun - Where should I start?

26 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

My fear was that was going to smell - it took nearly three days to dry and I was paranoid, but as it was drying and then dried there was absolutely no smell detectable.

Could have told you that. The thought that pee smells seems to be so instilled in people that even many on here are afraid of it, much as the notion that it has to be cleaned up, often with chemicals far worse than pee. But fresh pee that can air out and isn't kept wet normally doesn't smell. Otherwise my bedroom would smell like the worst public toilet, but it does not. 😊

Edited by Wetling
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Wetling said:

Could have told you that. The thought that pee smells seems to be so instilled in people that even many on here are afraid of it, much as the notion that it has to be cleaned up, often with chemicals far worse than pee. But fresh pee that can air out and isn't kept wet normally doesn't smell. Otherwise my bedroom would smell like the worst public toilet, but it does not. 😊

This is very usefull to know for me. I was always afraid of bad smells, and when i peed on things they often did smell bad, but maybe i just didn't let them dry up enough before cleaning them. Now i have to try this out myself! Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Justasailor said:

This is very usefull to know for me. I was always afraid of bad smells, and when i peed on things they often did smell bad, but maybe i just didn't let them dry up enough before cleaning them. Now i have to try this out myself! Thanks!

It's mostly due to how hydrated you are. First pee in the morning is going to be very strong and yellow and will likely smell. Peeing after drinking sufficient water (or other liquids) should leave no detectable smell.

• Agree 1
18 minutes ago, Justasailor said:

I was always afraid of bad smells, and when i peed on things they often did smell bad, but maybe i just didn't let them dry up enough before cleaning them. Now i have to try this out myself!

It will go away. But even when it's still fresh, it should not smell badly, unless you're ill, drank far too less or did eat some specific food. Morning pee is a little different, but most of my fresh pee only has a light, tasteful and slightly arousing scent. I can't really describe it, but it's actually something I like to smell and be drenched in, not the least bit disgusting. Such only ever came up when I kept wetting myself for too long in the same clothes or pissed on things where it could neither soak in nor evaporate in a timely manner. But even if the scent is a little stronger, it will be gone as soon as it's completely dry. I've been pissing on my bed and the carpet for a long time, and the room does not smell.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Wetling said:

It will go away. But even when it's still fresh, it should not smell badly, unless you're ill, drank far too less or did eat some specific food. Morning pee is a little different, but most of my fresh pee only has a light, tasteful and slightly arousing scent. I can't really describe it, but it's actually something I like to smell and be drenched in, not the least bit disgusting. Such only ever came up when I kept wetting myself for too long in the same clothes or pissed on things where it could neither soak in nor evaporate in a timely manner. But even if the scent is a little stronger, it will be gone as soon as it's completely dry. I've been pissing on my bed and the carpet for a long time, and the room does not smell.

Do you ever clean your bedroom carpet? Or does it 100 percent dry by itself?

6 minutes ago, GenericUsername said:

Do you ever clean your bedroom carpet? Or does it 100 percent dry by itself?

I use a towel to soak up any excess pee if it was a huge puddle, but I don't clean the carpet.

Edited by Wetling
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

The floor and things on the floor can be a problem if you can't maintain enough airflow for them to dry. So don't ever put any wet things on the floor. Turns out there's a reason why laundry racks were invented after all. 😉

Edited by Wetling
  • Like 1

I think that one of the reasons why people are worried about the smell of pee lingering is that we've all walked down alleys and car park stairwells that smell.  However, I wonder if that is because they are repeatedly and frequently used as toilets, they never really fully dry, they are concrete so the puddle sits on top and as it slowly evaporates more of the impurities are left behind, then the next person that pees there wets it again and it releases odours.   

With specific relation to hotel peeing, I can say that I have peed in numerous hotels in places other than the toilet.  I generally try to to leave anything too obvious in my room, but peeing under the bed or behind furniture or maybe on the flip side of the chair cushion.  If I pee on the carpet in the open area of the room then I tend to move around and not leave a huge puddle.  In the cases of peeing under the bed, I have often left a large wet patch and if the cleaners had felt under the bed then it would certainly be detectable, but I bank on the fact that most cleaners are on a mission to get in and out as quickly as possible and if I leave the room generally tidy then they probably only flick a duster round, change the bedding and a do a quick run round with a vacuum cleaner.  Most of the time I don't release a full bladder in one place and I don't pee lots of times in the room.

However, there have been cases where I have left noticeable puddles and have worried about it.   e.g. I often let a little go in the bed, but usually in the evening and only enough so that it would dry by morning, but sometimes I get a little carried away and release a bit more (one more squirt won't hurt) and then a bit more and then realise that actually I've soaked the bed.   In those cases, there is no disguising it in the morning.  The bed is still wet.   Or one time I flipped the cushion on a seat and peed a bit on it and was enjoying it so much that I let my whole bladder go.   That was fine but when I went to flip the cushion back I found that it had gone right through and wet both sides.   I hung the cushion up to dry overnight, but in the morning it was still very obviously darker and wet to the touch.   However, in all cases I have never had anyone contact me about it afterwards.   

One time I peed a whole puddle on the carpet, then got worried about it so mopped it up with a towel.  The towel ended up dirty (from the carpet!) and yellowed.   Rather than leave it to be found in that state, I actually put it in a carrier bag and took it out of the hotel and dumped it in a street waste bin.

I have been less discrete about leaving puddles in public areas and have left full puddles in stairwells, on landings and other public areas.   Sometimes I hide it - e.g. peeing in a plant pot or a store cupboard, but other times it is just open on the carpet.   Hotels usually have plenty of hidden alcoves for example.   Another one that I've done is to wear shorts and sit on a sofa and pee down the gap between cushions by discretely positioning my dick out of the the leg of my shorts.  With something laid across my legs, someone could walk right past and wouldn't have any idea about what I was doing.

One time my bed was very wet and I was worried about it.  I was staying for two nights and this was from the first night.   I was going to use the hairdryer to try and dry the bed, but it was in a fixed location with fixed wiring and wouldn't reach the bed.  So I used my ingenuity and used the Argos library.   For those who don't know, Argos is a store in the UK which operates like a warehouse - you order and collect but you can't see the products in advance.  To compensate for this, they offer a no quibble returns policy within 14 days.   So, I bought a hair dryer and extension lead, went back to the hotel, dried the bed with it and then took the items back to Argos for a refund.

Edited by Alfresco
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hot 1
  • 2 weeks later...