The song rating thread

AWN_84

Hi all! 

A bit of fun here, you post a song you like and the person below rates it 0-10 and post a song of his(her) own to be rated, i start:

Out of Touch - Daryl Hall & John Oates

Edited by AWN_84
Edited and added link as suggested

Great idea for a thread - and a great opening choice.  A tiny suggestion, if folks post a YouTube link to the song that’ll help those that don’t know it by title alone.

Hall & Oates aren’t at the forefront of my musical knowledge, but it’s one of those songs you’ll know as you hear it.  Checking it out on Wikipedia, can’t believe it didn’t get higher than 48 in the UK charts - whilst hitting #1 in the USA.

I’m going to give it an 8.

And next up is an original song written in the same sort of era, never released but recently re-recorded as this video.  I’m not going to tell you any more about it - Form your own opinions of hit or miss. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Great idea for a thread - and a great opening choice.  A tiny suggestion, if folks post a YouTube link to the song that’ll help those that don’t know it by title alone.

Hall & Oates aren’t at the forefront of my musical knowledge, but it’s one of those songs you’ll know as you hear it.  Checking it out on Wikipedia, can’t believe it didn’t get higher than 48 in the UK charts - whilst hitting #1 in the USA.

I’m going to give it an 8.

And next up is an original song written in the same sort of era, never released but recently re-recorded as this video.  I’m not going to tell you any more about it - Form your own opinions of hit or miss. 

Never heard it before, but enjoyed the song, and it is really quite new, nothing turn up on search, just a séries with the same name, don't know if it is related or not since i don't lnow the series too lol

A solid 8

I think this one is an auto 10  but i leave to the ppl, not only is one of my liked songs, but related to one of my liked movies as well

On 11/26/2022 at 10:35 PM, AWN_84 said:

Out of Touch - Daryl Hall & John Oates

I hear it. I remember it. Not my sort of music at the time, but ... listening to it again, time has been kind to it and I like it. I'll give a 7. Thanks for the thread idea - I'll keep checking back 🙂 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, gldenwetgoose said:

Friday Night Lights - Rob Bridge 

A new one for me - pure American happy-rock played and sung by middle aged rockers. Easy to listen to, especially when driving. Steve Earl-esque vocals. Four-in-a-bar. Lyrical guitar solo. And ... you either like that sort of thing or you don't. It's perfectly acceptable feel-good music. What's not to like? I'll give it 7

23 hours ago, AWN_84 said:

We Don't Need Another Hero - Tina Turner

Hmm. It's very 'Tina Turner' isn't it, this track? She's a bit like Marmite. But I like Marmite. Sorry, despite a strong hook in the chorus, it's a 4 from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And now for something completely different. 'Turn of the Century' by Yes. Move on quickly if you don't want to have to listen to and rate a near-eight-minute, archetypal English gentle prog-rock album track. I think it's a lovely song.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kupar said:

And now for something completely different. 'Turn of the Century' by Yes. Move on quickly if you don't want to have to listen to and rate a near-eight-minute, archetypal English gentle prog-rock album track. I think it's a lovely song.

Gentle is the Word lol, not my cup of tea, but pleasing to the ears, a 6 there

• Like 1