Big Thanks to Mods et al

Euro

Thanks for the V positive response from all. Much appreciated 🙂

I am acutely aware, at least from a UK perspective in terms of impending legislation, that there is much to fear for the concept of free expression on the interweb. I, like all here , am into the pee thing, Obviously....

There is quite a global negative (small  "c" conservative?)  anti niche attitude - backlash in play . The fact that IMO this site/forum  is V well run and V respectful... Down to the Mods -founders... Means little to the established political  class.

"Jus' cos I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong"   ... 🙂

I'm somewhat concerned about this !   ( Not that any reader needed me to say so)

To sum up... If Y'all want to pee free? I'm guessing we might have to defend that idea. ( and defend this site and the Mods ) at some time...?

Any comments?

xxx

On 10/8/2022 at 12:46 AM, Euro said:

Thanks for the V positive response from all. Much appreciated 🙂

I am acutely aware, at least from a UK perspective in terms of impending legislation, that there is much to fear for the concept of free expression on the interweb. I, like all here , am into the pee thing, Obviously....

There is quite a global negative (small  "c" conservative?)  anti niche attitude - backlash in play . The fact that IMO this site/forum  is V well run and V respectful... Down to the Mods -founders... Means little to the established political  class.

"Jus' cos I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm wrong"   ... 🙂

I'm somewhat concerned about this !   ( Not that any reader needed me to say so)

To sum up... If Y'all want to pee free? I'm guessing we might have to defend that idea. ( and defend this site and the Mods ) at some time...?

Any comments?

xxx

The UK has internet safety legislation in the pipeline which may possibly be a trojan horse that imposes restrictions and a whole heap of hoops to jump through. I am seriously concerned that it could all be made to be just too much hassle for @Admin, and without him there will be no forum. I do not take this place's continued existence for granted.

Edited by steve25805
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@steve et all,.  Yes, much agree. Sorry for the late reply. Turbulent times....

Any ideas for support to continue the existence of this most splendid place.

Yes perhaps a "Gold" membership might help a bit. I think perhaps much more needed, but not sure what?

Like? Who do you lobby or pester. How do you help to effect a change to all this. It's not like this pee, piss, urination thing is any kind of threat to wider society.

Hopeful of some wider input... Dark Sails on the horizon...

xxx

• Agree 1