Break ups, holding and Programming 🤓🙃💦

WaterBoiPNW

Well, today was an interesting one. Had to break off a relationship that was really really messed up and been trying to keep working on implementing file structures into this code I'm trying to build but ughhh I'm exhaustedd. Now I'm just setting here holding because kinks but also depressed lmao. What are y'all up to on this late fall night? 

• Hug 2

Well, today was an interesting one. Had to break off a relationship that was really really messed up and been trying to keep working on implementing file structures into this code I'm trying to build but ughhh I'm exhaustedd. Now I'm just setting here holding because kinks but also depressed lmao. What are y'all up to on this late fall night? 

Edited by WaterBoiPNW
  • Hug 2

[Moderator’s note - Two posts merged, but posts kept…. Felt it was more important for you to see people had reacted ‘care’ more than site tidiness]

Personal note - Thinking of you, try not to beat yourself up too hard. Sounds like it was a move that needed to be made and took strength to do. So a hug to you there. 

And programming file structures… perhaps go and come back to that another day?

• Love 1

When you talk about file structures, what is the purpose of doing so? I'm also into programming, but I've never dealt with implementing file structures into code because I've never had the reason to. As far as break ups go, I find that I break into work mode the best when I'm down, but that is not everyone.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pguy2981 said:

When you talk about file structures, what is the purpose of doing so? I'm also into programming, but I've never dealt with implementing file structures into code because I've never had the reason to. As far as break ups go, I find that I break into work mode the best when I'm down, but that is not everyone.

Well, essentially I'm taking audio files, decoding and isolating the various chunks of each to read the contents. From there I want to feed the content into a conceptual dsp to allow for real-time audio editing, adjusting the song to fit the vibe desired by the listener (eg, slowing it down, adding various effects, and so on). Tbh I usually get like that, but this one kinda hit me hard. It was a loooong relationship and ig it's hard not to for lack of better term immerse into it the pain of it.

13 hours ago, Bacardi said:

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that friend. I've had my fair share of break ups and no matter how you spin them they are all bad. I wish you the best on all fronts.

No doubt about that, thanks for the well wishes :/. It's definitely going to be awhile before I'm feeling back to myself, but one day I suppose :).

• Hug 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WaterBoiPNW said:

No doubt about that, thanks for the well wishes :/. It's definitely going to be awhile before I'm feeling back to myself, but one day I suppose :).

I feel you. I just recently went through something (not a break up) rough and I still am not feeling 100 percent even tho it's been a month. So, take your time. Take care of yourself and listen to your body. Give it what it needs before giving too much of yourself to others.

• Agree 1
16 hours ago, Bacardi said:

I feel you. I just recently went through something (not a break up) rough and I still am not feeling 100 percent even tho it's been a month. So, take your time. Take care of yourself and listen to your body. Give it what it needs before giving too much of yourself to others.

Tbh I've for the first time chose to go with what I feel. It's still rough, but I'm starting to at the least rediscover myself in small ways here and there 😌🤕.  I just wish employers would empathize and give me some personal time lol.