Bored!

Guest ShyPeeMan

Guest ShyPeeMan

I'm a truck driver, currently stuck waiting to get into a loading site to do my collection. I cannot do anything other than wait. This is a regular occurrence for my job which leads to a lot of boredom and a lot of viewing of Netflix and YouTube.....and of course coming in here.

Do you get stuck and bored in your jobs and if so, how do you kill time?

On 1/20/2022 at 10:41 AM, ShyPeeMan said:

I'm a truck driver, currently stuck waiting to get into a loading site to do my collection. I cannot do anything other than wait. This is a regular occurrence for my job which leads to a lot of boredom and a lot of viewing of Netflix and YouTube.....and of course coming in here.

I'm here right now aren't I....?

In seriousness I know exactly what you mean.  I can imagine on tacho breaks and as you say, waiting times you need to do something to keep yourself sane.  Do you have any Netflix recommendations at the moment?

Usually about every 4-6 weeks I have a trip with a two-and-half hour flight each way.  I've just got a phone with battery life long enough that I don't have to worry about it going flat, and downloading a movie or two has transformed that journey.  I can zone out from the stresses of all the passengers around me and just chill in my own world.  Dunkirk was the movie of last night's trip. 

• Like 1
On 1/20/2022 at 4:41 AM, ShyPeeMan said:

Ah yes the hurry up and wait lol. Good thing for smart phones lol. YouTube is a good time killer for me

I find I can waste lots of time when I am supposed to be being productive. So when I actually don't have to be productive I tend to either be productive (err, yes, I know - I don't understand it either) or sleep. I have become quite good at being able to sleep - even just for a little while on short journeys (though not usually when I am driving).

• Haha 1