I'm in the 45+ category (about 8 years into it).

I find I can that whether I can hold my pee or not depends very much on the trigger factors I allow myself to play on.  What I mean by that is that if I'm travelling or in meetings and I know I need to hold for a duration then I'll limit my liquid intake.

I also know that there are certain liquids that will trigger my bladder - so for example if I drink a mug of black coffee or a pint of juice I know I'm going to suddenly need a pee in exactly one hour.  The thing that's changed with age is the 'all or nothing' of "I'm ok, I'm ok, I think I may need a...  oh God, where can I piss?"

And if I hold at home, when I think I'm really full it'll be somewhere between 300ml and 500ml absolute max.

• Love 1

I am well beyond that age, and like some men in that age range, I suffer from an enlarged prostate.  That has the effect of making me need to go more often, and it can take a little while to start the flow.  And the volume isn't all that big.  There can be times when the need to go sneaks up on me, and a few little spurts might 'escape'.  On long driving trips, there have been times when I've had to pull over and turn into a side road, and relieve myself against some bushes