Desperate Times? Call Desperate Measures.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:22 PM, Alfresco said:

Sounds like a plausible business model.  When are you planning to set it up?

It is.

The best part is that public scrutiny probably means that the business name is revealed, but if the agency is only a "matching" one, its name doesn't figure on the housestaff bills!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, daemoniak said:

It is.

The best part is that public scrutiny probably means that the business name is revealed, but if the agency is only a "matching" one, its name doesn't figure on the housestaff bills!

I was in two minds whether a journalist would reveal the business name, and was also in two minds whether it'd be too obvious weaving in the corporate tag line "Desperate times? Call for Desperate Measures".

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

I was in two minds whether a journalist would reveal the business name, and was also in two minds whether it'd be too obvious weaving in the corporate tag line "Desperate times? Call for Desperate Measures".

Oh yes, the matching agency name is a bit obvious. And if it became known to provide this kind of service, any employer would be outing themselves if others caught wind they were using the agency...

... but any employer can easily use their own private money, not subject to any scrutiny, to pay the agency matching fee, and then let the tax payer foot the maid's or gardener's bill which is paid to a separate (normal) company!

• Like 1

When I wrote it, I had in mind that if you look on say Trustpilot at massage parlours, people are very open in reviews about those that will provide a ‘happy ending’.  That sowed the seed of thought about seemingly legitimate business provided a service - so yes, very good question. 

• Like 2