Pee shyness

Not sure I'm an expert...   What I would suggest is that practise may well make perfect.

So, pick a bathroom that's not too chaotic or rowdy, maybe in a shop or somewhere rather than anywhere where you may feel insecure like a busy train station or dodgy car park.  Maybe try and time it so you're full enough that you'd choose to go at home, but not so full that you're panicking about making it.

Then hopefully you'll be able to just think of it as just like home, just relax and let go.  It doesn't matter if it takes a few seconds or even minutes to start the flow - nobody else is taking any notice or counting. Just relax, think how nice it will feel all flowing out of you, and enjoy the experience.

If it doesn't work first time - nothing lost, it'll happen.

• Love 1

I got over my bladder shyness by allowing myself to pee a little in my pants every so often. Not like full on wetting, but maybe like a drop or two in my undies. Now I have pretty good control and can will myself to pee wherever/whenever I want to. Had had a few naughty ones around the house but haven't gotten a chance to test publicly. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I suffer from a level of pee shyness too.  No idea if any particular incident as an adolescent started it or not.  I don't remember it being a problem until after puberty.  I DESPISE public restrooms.  While I'm nothing like Calvin from the movie Waiting, a crowded restroom is a nightmare for me and I usually will bust out my phone to help distract my mind enough to unload.  If it's at a busy venue like a concert where even the mens room has a line, forget it! Unless I'm pretty well intoxicated, or I'm literally about to piss myself, it's a waste of time.

At home around my wife, I'm completely unrestricted.  I can piss anywhere in mostly private outdoor settings worlds easier than a public restroom so I guess it mostly boils down to peeing publicly with others in close proximity.  I also have a problem letting go fully in intimate pee fun sessions with my wife.  Thank god she isn't that way or we'd never have any fun lol. Her ability to just explode a full bladder virtually anywhere is a massive turn on for me since I'm the opposite. She'll barely clear her clothing as she pulls them down where as I'll stand there waiting and waiting to start.

So my best advice is use your smart phone.  Look up something that distracts your mind.  If I'm unfortunate enough to get into a public restroom situation with no phone, I think about my wife pissing so openly and easily, particularly in a prior sexual nature with me, and I can start the flow. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, ejcw123 said:

I got into this community in order to confront my bladder shyness. Any tips on making it easier to go when I'm away from my home toilet

It's about confidence, like riding a bike. If you're only riding down the driveway with the training wheels on you'll never develop confidence. You've got to take risks, remove the training wheels and start jumping curbs and riding hands free.  Dare yourself to take chances, make a commitment not to use the toilet at home, do it outdoors, in public restrooms only. No risk no confidence.

• Love 3

I'm not sure if this will help you but when I get pee shy in the ladies I count. 

I sit there with my eyes closed and count in my head, 1,2,3,4,5...etc. Not focusing on anything but the next number. I don't think about sitting in the bathroom, the girls peeing either side of me or even trying to pee myself. The only thing that matters is the next number. It works for me. If I'm counting in second intervals it's rare I even reach 60 before sending a stream down into the bowl. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the distraction thing must be worth a go. When I was little and couldn't go, my parents always suggested I try to whistle. I think this is quite a common suggestion. It worked for me then, and even now if I am finding it difficult to go I will whistle - and hey presto! (I appreciate that in your current situation in hospital that might be a bit difficult. I hope you are OK!)

• 1 year later...

I have had trouble with pee shyness since I was in primary school especially with open urinals or even ones with dividers. It all moslty stated when someone made fun of my pee pee blowing up like a balloon since I Couldnt pull my foreskin back to pee or didn't know how to. I still have the same issue today with shyness and the foreskin unless im too intoxicated to care or I'm busting to go even in public restrooms. I've tried focusing on other things and counting but can never seem to get a stream going even when I need to go. I dont like public restrooms if they are busy and am sometimes to shy to pee outside unless no one can see me or i have to go and the toilets are too far away to walk. Anyone got any hints or tips to help me overcome some of this