Urinals and unisex bathrooms

First one I remember: a youth hostel in Switzerland. There were unisex toilets with cubicles, and one or two urinals out in the “public” section, with the expectation that guys would pee in them with girls walking by and seeing

• Like 3

I have used unisex toilets in England.   They fall into three categories.

- Single user bathrooms that only have a WC and a sink within a single lockable room.
- Multi user bathrooms that have several WCs in individual cubicles with communal sinks outside of the cubicles.  It is quiet fun to go in there to pee and to hear the sounds of ladies peeing in the next cubicle and then go and wash hands next to them.
- A slight variation on the single user bathroom that was in a place where I visited for work on a customer's premises.  The outer door had the symbol for male and female toilet, but inside was a urinal, a WC and a washbasin.   However, there was only the one door and the theory was one occupant went in, locked the door and selected the appropriate facility.  The idea was that if you used the urinal then you saved water on flushing.   There was nothing to stop two people using the facilities at a time except the etiquette which said that you locked the door when you went in.  I was very tempted to leave the door unlocked in the hope that a lady walked in and used the WC, but I didn't because I was there for work and well known to the people. Also, if a woman had walked in, the chances of her actually proceeding to use the WC whilst I was there was pretty slim.

I have used a unisex toilet in a cafe in France where you walk in the door, have a row of three urinals immediately, then go to the right and there were three cubicles.   So anyone going to the cubicles had to pass the urinals with the only privacy being that the person using the urinal had their back to you, but you could get a side view as you passed.   I never really understood why they didn't put the urinals beyond the cubicles so that they were semi hidden and you didn't have to walk right past them. 

• Like 4

Hey man, thanks for starting this topic, it's definitely one of my favorite pee fetishes.

From what I recall, I had 3 instances of using "unisex" bathrooms, none of them were too exciting to be honest. Two had no female encounters and the other didn't really do anything for me.

The first story is where I had real encounters with another woman in the bathroom. This happened in China where I was part of a tour group, mid way through the trip, we were dropped off for a bathroom break. The bathroom they had there was a unisex bathroom but there were not urinals, it's basically a women's bathroom but unisex. I used a stall next to an older woman who I did not find attractive. I don't even recall hearing her pee, I just peed, washed my hands, and went about my business.

Second is a what-used-to-be unisex bathroom, it's marked as a men's bathroom on the outside but inside, there were stalls that had signs with a "female WC" icon, indicating these are reserved for females. This happened in Korea and from what I've heard unisex bathrooms used to be very common in Asia, it was actually the norm over there even but that's just from what I've heard not sure if it is 100% true. Anyway, like I said, it was a 100% men's bathroom so no real encounter here.

Last story is an actual unisex bathroom here in the US. It was in a dorm of a college that I was visiting. I stayed for a few nights and used it couple times, no girls have ever came in and used it while I was using it. The dorm had 3 bathrooms in total on the floor, a men's, a women's, and a unisex. I asked another student who was actually living there to see if any girls ever used the unisex, as expected, he said not that he had seen or encountered.

I have never used or even seen a unisex bathroom before. Iam sure they exist here but I don't work in the city or a office building. I don't recall seeing them at a shopping mall either. 

I for one would find it hard to concentrate on the job at hand if a women were to walk into the room as I was at the urinal hahahahaha 

10 hours ago, cplhiggins said:

Sometimes I think either the French are all massive pee perverts, or more likely they just don't care!

I think that you are right that they just don't care.  They are so used to it that they don't really take much notice.   I'm sure that some ladies still enjoy seeing the men peeing at the urinals and some men enjoy listening to the girls peeing in the stalls, but it happens all the time and is the accepted practice, so most people are not embarrassed to use the shared facilities and don't worry about the fact that other people can see or hear them any more than a girl might be concerned that someone might look at a her bum in tight leggings whilst walking in the street.  They just see it as normal.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Alfresco said:

I think that you are right that they just don't care.  They are so used to it that they don't really take much notice.   I'm sure that some ladies still enjoy seeing the men peeing at the urinals and some men enjoy listening to the girls peeing in the stalls, but it happens all the time and is the accepted practice, so most people are not embarrassed to use the shared facilities and don't worry about the fact that other people can see or hear them any more than a girl might be concerned that someone might look at a her bum in tight leggings whilst walking in the street.  They just see it as normal.

What a great attitude too.  If only more parts of the world were less hung up.

Incidentally, you've just reminded me - at high school in northern England there was a girl in my class with French parents - I remember well because I spent the best part of five years fancying her, but believing she was way outside my league.  Somehow it came up in discussion and brought up that as a 'developing' teenage girl, when she was in the bath her two older brothers would walk freely into the bathroom whenever they needed to. So I guess the French attitude isn't just limited to peeing in front of others.

• Like 3
On 10/7/2020 at 6:53 PM, cornerstone said:

It was in a dorm of a college that I was visiting.

That has made memories of my experiences at university halls of residence spring to mind.   We had alternate floors of male and female rooms.  Each floor was a corridor for between 10 and 20 rooms depending on the location in the building.   The smaller corridors had a combined toilet and shower room - you went through the outer door from the corridor, then found two cubicles and two sinks and then beyond that was a shower area which was a single shower with changing space just shielded by a curtain from the toilet area.   On the larger corridors there were separate rooms for the toilets and showers.  The toilets consisted of an outer door leading to a room with three cubicles and two sinks. 

Although the floors were dedicated to either male of female, if you went to see a friend on a floor of the different gender then it was commonplace to still use the toilets on that corridor rather than go up or down stairs to reach a floor of your own gender.   The toilets weren't labelled as male or female, because they changed which corridors were used for which gender each year depending on demand for accommodation.  The rules did state that you should use the facilties on a floor that was designated for your gender - however plenty of people ignored this due to not being bothered to go up and down stairs when there was a toilet just there.

Many a time I used the toilets on a girls floor and and enjoyed hearing girls peeing in the next cubicle.   Also, many a time on my own floor girls visiting would use our toilets and if I spotted one going in then I would often time my own visit to co-incide so that I could hear the girl peeing.  I heard some lovely varieties of pee from delicate hissing to thunderous peeing into the water. Also some nice sighs of relief - especially if a girl came barrelling in, slammed the door and immediately started peeing.   The toilets on the smaller girls corridors were best because there were several times when a girl would be in the shower whilst I went in to use the toilet and although I never saw anything too explicit, I could see the shape of the girl behind the shower curtain and liked to enjoy the imagined image.   Also once when I was washing my hands a girl came out of the shower wrapped in a towel which only just covered her from breasts to bum and that was quite a nice vision.

• Like 1
  • Hot 3
2 minutes ago, gldenwetgoose said:

Incidentally, you've just reminded me - at high school in northern England there was a girl in my class with French parents - I remember well because I spent the best part of five years fancying her, but believing she was way outside my league.  Somehow it came up in discussion and brought up that as a 'developing' teenage girl, when she was in the bath her two older brothers would walk freely into the bathroom whenever they needed to. So I guess the French attitude isn't just limited to peeing in front of others.

My family were like that - we all used to have no qualms in leaving the bathroom door open or someone using the toilet when any one of us was in the shower or bath.   Even when my sister and I were teenagers.  It carried on until I went to university. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

turning around to face a stark naked young lady.

Well that's a great way to welcome you to the new accommodation.   Why don't more people do that?

1 hour ago, gldenwetgoose said:

She said later there was normally nobody else about in the mornings...

I bet more people would have been around if they knew the view that was on offer.  I hope you got to see it again at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, gldenwetgoose said:

They seem to have a great attitude. People here are so uptight about having proper bathroom for men and women it's ridiculous. It's refreshing to hear that some countries have a cool relaxed attitude towards life in general, including unisex bathrooms lol

• Like 1

When we were in Scotland a month ago, ALL the public toilets had reverted to unisex for 1 family group at a time, so on campsites and a castle we visited my wife and myself went in together, but only for no 2s as every pee we did was outdoors somewhere.

I often go see concerts (well, not that much in 2020...) and one place I sometimes go had a bathroom for men, and one for women. They changed it to 2 unisex bathrooms, but there are no urinals in either. Just 2 stalls and a sink.

Anyway, I go in one of the rooms and there's 2 girls checking their make-up at the sink and one of the stalls is occupied by one of their female friends. So not wanting to look like a perv, I tell them I'll check the other bathroom. I do and it's the same thing. So I tell them just that. They giggle and I go in the vacant stall. I did not hear the friend pee, but I was listening to the 2 at the mirror/sink talk about mundane stuff while I was letting go in the toilet. They definitely could hear me pee!