Any artists interested in making a game?

I'm a game developer. That's my full time job. I would like to make a desperation/peeing adventure game. It would be offered for free, no payment to anyone involved. Just a hobby project. I'm an expert programmer and game designer with several commercial games to my name. I just can't do art or animation. So if someone can and wants to collaborate, let's do it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Sounds great....    I have zero talent to offer other than encouragement.

There are a few examples of recent CGI in the photos area - you might be able to hook up with a creator, or at least get some tips on software content creation tools.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Ilithios Incidentally, I've also been taking a few weeks recently to start prototyping features for a pee fetish game in Unity.

The way I see it, artists will only come if I can show a proof of concept first. Everything is free assets so far, and with progress updates and community outreach may come attention and talent.

If you'd like to collaborate, and maybe exchange what ideas and material we have so far, hit me up. I feel like there's a serious drought when it comes to games for this niche.

I would be happy to work with you @infinitepossibility. My idea is a desperation game that always end with naughty peeing. I have some scenarios in mind but am open to suggestions.

I think you'd be surprised that artists will work with us even in the concept phase. Just have to find them. I know they exist. But I want it to be a creative commons game. When people start getting paid, things get messy. I want just a hobby project.

• Like 1

Glad we're on the same page. I'd even considered going FOSS, but only when the project is mature and with your agreement.

Thus far, all of my work has been experimental; game development is a somewhat new hobby for me, so I iterate often.

I'm looking into making Unity Multipurpose Avatar into a semi-permanent solution for characters, and using particle systems for the good stuff; NVIDIA's Flex is an interested fluid simulation solution, but it has too many limitations (no collision layer interaction, no collision with Terrain for some reason) and doesn't scale well at large numbers of fluid sources.

I found a nice implementation of lightmap painting for stains; as for puddling, particles will either create a small flat cylindrical mesh or grow an existing one. I haven't found an elegant way to create puddles which flow around yet.

What I miss is an actual design vision. The game can't just be nonstop piss; there needs to be some context and spontaneity in the mix. In this regard, I was always thinking about some kind of RPG, and all the better if it has a fun story and likable characters.

Additionally, I have some experience in pencil sketching which transfers nicely to texture work, and I'm learning Blender these days. I may eventually be able to contribute some of the game's model and animation work, given enough practice.

Of course, all of this was just where I was steering my own work. I'm interested to know what kind of gameplay you had in mind.

• Like 1

First of all, I think it would be much better to make a 2D game than a 3D game. The first reason is the obvious one. It will be a LOT easier to find 2D artists who are willing and able to do high quality work on a hobby project because they are into this fetish. To make high enough quality 3D environments, characters, and animations would take orders of magnitude more work. And frankly would still probably look worse and feel more cheap than a good 2D game. We want the game to feel sexy, not cheesy and cheap, and to do a 3D game that doesn't feel cheesy and cheap would take far more time and effort and people than we really have for a hobby project. At least for the first game out of the gate. I'm talking about making the game within months not years.

For gameplay, as I mentioned in my first post, I would like to make it an adventure game. I think that genre fits perfectly with the kind of gameplay this game would need. There is no reason for our protagonists to have to fight anyone. That seems contrary to the whole purpose and a distraction from the sexiness of the game. Thus an adventure game is perfect. No fighting or distractions from the plot in which she has to find a way to relieve herself somewhere without getting caught.

Here is a scenario I have in mind: 3 girls go out to a club. They can't leave the club because they'd have to repay the entrance fee, and there's also a big line to get in. There is also a long line at the toilet which does not ever seem to move. so each of the girls in turn have to find a way to relieve themselves without getting caught and kicked out of the club. For example, one girl could have to find a way to distract a bouncer so she can duck into an employee lounge where she goes all over the floor. To distract the bouncer, she has to start a fight between two people at the club, to do that she has to find out about them and what might make them fight, etc etc. All the while getting more desperate. But the same place to pee never works twice so each of them in turn have to find their own solution. Just an example, but this is the kind of thing I have in mind.

Okay, I see the idea. In that case, let me know where I can find what work you've done already and some of the specifics of the design so I can start contributing code and placeholder art.

Additionally, the skill in which I have the most experience is writing, both prose and technical, so that's something I can do a lot of too, unless you'd rather take the lead on that front.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:00 AM, Ilithios said:

First of all, I think it would be much better to make a 2D game than a 3D game. The first reason is the obvious one. It will be a LOT easier to find 2D artists who are willing and able to do high quality work on a hobby project because they are into this fetish. To make high enough quality 3D environments, characters, and animations would take orders of magnitude more work. And frankly would still probably look worse and feel more cheap than a good 2D game. We want the game to feel sexy, not cheesy and cheap, and to do a 3D game that doesn't feel cheesy and cheap would take far more time and effort and people than we really have for a hobby project. At least for the first game out of the gate. I'm talking about making the game within months not years.

For gameplay, as I mentioned in my first post, I would like to make it an adventure game. I think that genre fits perfectly with the kind of gameplay this game would need. There is no reason for our protagonists to have to fight anyone. That seems contrary to the whole purpose and a distraction from the sexiness of the game. Thus an adventure game is perfect. No fighting or distractions from the plot in which she has to find a way to relieve herself somewhere without getting caught.

Here is a scenario I have in mind: 3 girls go out to a club. They can't leave the club because they'd have to repay the entrance fee, and there's also a big line to get in. There is also a long line at the toilet which does not ever seem to move. so each of the girls in turn have to find a way to relieve themselves without getting caught and kicked out of the club. For example, one girl could have to find a way to distract a bouncer so she can duck into an employee lounge where she goes all over the floor. To distract the bouncer, she has to start a fight between two people at the club, to do that she has to find out about them and what might make them fight, etc etc. All the while getting more desperate. But the same place to pee never works twice so each of them in turn have to find their own solution. Just an example, but this is the kind of thing I have in mind.

I generally like those ideas.  Although I could also imagine pee scenes in games like 'Tomb Raider' (while hiding from enemy goons Lara has to pee...), or 'Walking Dead' (while hiding from un-dead a character has to pee...), or 'Red Dead Redemption' (while in wilderness a character has to pee)

@infinitepossibility I'm very happy to hear you have experience in writing. I am a narrative designer, game designer, programmer, but not a (very good) writer. I do not have anything done so far. Only game design ideas, plot ideas, etc.

Here is my current situation. I have a commercial game releasing toward the end of this year. Until then, I will be too busy to work on this. However, after that releases, I'll have much less work for a while and plan to work on this project, hopefully completing it within a few months. We can use the time between now and then to find an artist, come up with a clear idea of the plot, game design, and interesting characters, and so forth.

• 9 months later...