Overcoming a shy bladder

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on how to overcome a shy bladder? 

I have to use a cubicle when in a public restroom, I'm unable to go when at the urinals, which can be a pain, especially when at concerts or in busy pubs/clubs.

Also, my S/O is interested in trying some pee fun after I mentioned it to her a few days ago... at which point she advised that she also suffers from a shy bladder. So, either way we can't pee in front of each other (or on each other!). We'd really like to overcome this going forward, so looking for any tips!

As far as  being unable to pee in public  restroom , I was plagued by this problem for many years . It lasted from my mid-teens through most of my twenties.  This caused many bladder stretching painful days .Eventually the problem eased on its own I don''t know why or how. Once I could start going in weak streamed fits and starts my confidence grew and I could pee in public.

As far as your S/O first try peeing with her/you just outside the closed door quietly listening to the sound of pee hitting the toilet. Next try peeing in the toilet with the door open but your S/O outside the door. Eventually come into the bathroom. It will take some time, but it will happen for you. But the most important thing is to just relax and let it happen . Focus just on your own body and not about the other person. You could try letting water run slowly. Don't rush or try to force your pee out . just  R-E-L-A-X.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, nic075 said:

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on how to overcome a shy bladder? 

I have to use a cubicle when in a public restroom, I'm unable to go when at the urinals, which can be a pain, especially when at concerts or in busy pubs/clubs.

Also, my S/O is interested in trying some pee fun after I mentioned it to her a few days ago... at which point she advised that she also suffers from a shy bladder. So, either way we can't pee in front of each other (or on each other!). We'd really like to overcome this going forward, so looking for any tips!

One suggestion I might make is that the two of you might plan a picnic outing together, somewhere private, secluded and where no toilet facilities are available. You'd bring along plenty to drink and spend a few hours together, hopefully lost in both conversation and each other. Perhaps when nature makes a call, you'll find no reason to be shy.

• Like 1

I have the same problem with a shy bladder for years. I held it for hours long being on a road trip for example or just being out somewhere. I had it the one time at baseball game holding it for the whole game and I need to pee bad hurting. When game over I went to men's room the line say about 30 men. I got to the urinal and I cant go at all and I try to relax my bladder standing there. I went latter at home during that day. I dont like going to around men when I in public. I started to use stall more in public and I can relax my bladder more let go too. I also too was in pain lots times trying to let it go too. I was bladder shy for lots of years too. When I started to go not much came but still was good to let go. My advice is to try to relax your bladder more when trying to let it go. Try to not hold it as long and go more in public. For me the longer I held it the harder was to let go. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, glad1 said:

One suggestion I might make is that the two of you might plan a picnic outing together, somewhere private, secluded and where no toilet facilities are available. You'd bring along plenty to drink and spend a few hours together, hopefully lost in both conversation and each other. Perhaps when nature makes a call, you'll find no reason to be shy.

Yess