Peeing in crutches

Believe it or not, I fractured my foot and now I need crutches for next 4-5 weeks. I am fortunate to have my mom and friend to come help and hang out while my husband is away for work. It really can affect a person's moral, at first I would cry because I feel so helpless. Then you get use to it and change your ways of how to do certain things on your own. I feel for the people that must do this for the rest of their lives.

It ain't easy to go around in crutches that's for sure, especially when I go to work. Everything takes double the time, so as an example, if I need to pee, I can't waste time and start heading to the bathrooms. By the time I get there, sometimes I have to wait in the stall to let the feeling go by to avoid peeing all over myself which has happen once since. Now I try to wear office skirts instead of pants so it is less messy if it does happen. Thank god I am in a healthy shape and can squat on one leg while the other is just sticking out, grabbing on one side of the hand bars installed for the handicap stall with the other hand on the top of the water reserve tank or whatever it is called. I would say 2 out of 5 times it's not messy, the 3 other times, I guess we can all understand that it's just all over the seat and floor and looking back and say wow okay. Then my hip starts to tense up to a point it's uncomfortable and I just leave it and when I get to the desk, I at least call the maintenance department to let them know that it's messy. Who else uses the handicap stall, I am sure I'm not the only one. I guess in these moments, men would just stand whip it out and then move on like it doesn't change on that aspect. I was approached by a colleague at work that if I needed assistance or help to let her know, which is very nice.

• Like 4

Than you both for your understanding. I don't work full time and work 3 out of 5 days since this week. I am starting to see some improvement since so hopefully it won't take too long. I hope it won't affect my running as I love to go for runs when I can.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sephora, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you'll heal quickly, but maybe not too quick that you won't come up with more experiences to share. 

In the meantime, I'm pretty sure your maintenance person will be happy to give assistance.

• Cheeky 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Peelover85

My wife broke her ankle in 3 places in 2018 and was on crutches for almost 3 months. We're quite outdoorsy and she got fed up of being stuck indoors so we headed out. Whilst we're hobbling through the paths she announced that she needed to pee, hopped over to some grass and used her crutches as leaning posts 😂😂

20171218_133841.jpg

I love that picture @Peelover85, So good that your wife didn't allow the crutches stop her from getting out and enjoying being outdoors.   So many people would say it was just too much trouble to go out.   The fact that she improvised for peeing (and let you take a pic) is even more impressive.    If she is an "outdoorsy type" does that mean that she is no stranger to peeing outside on walks etc?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, Peelover85 said:

My wife broke her ankle in 3 places in 2018 and was on crutches for almost 3 months. We're quite outdoorsy and she got fed up of being stuck indoors so we headed out. Whilst we're hobbling through the paths she announced that she needed to pee, hopped over to some grass and used her crutches as leaning posts 😂😂

20171218_133841.jpg

Looks like she made good use of her crutches lol. Very adventurous of her. Glad you to got to get back outside enjoying nature🙂