Peeing During Childbirth

3 hours ago, rajpatel1993 said:

What do they do to a woman if she is in labor and she has to pee?

I heard that they just tell her to pee and let her pee on the towels / pads / whatever. Otherwise, my friend wee'd into a bedpan that one of the nurses was holding

• Thanks 2

I have 2 children.  For my experience, in early labor I was able to get up and walk to the bathroom.  Once I got the epidural, I also had a catheter.  Because the legs go completely numb and walking isn't possible anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With all that squeezing and pushing its bound to happen. I peed onto towels with both my children the 2nd time at least once without ever realising it.

I am sure most mid wifes have seen it 100s of times before.

Believe me when trying to push a child out peeing yourself is one of the last things on your mind.

In my experience its the many accidents in the next few months / years that are of more concern.

• Thanks 4
  • 3 months later...

Until u get the Epidural you can walk to the bathroom. After u get it. Your numb from the waist down and cant really tell what’s happening down there.  The doctors and nursers are to concerned if u pee ams other things happen to we wont talk about. As far as the first time i almost passed out trying to get up and go. I was a dumbass and got up by myself.  Made it to toilet but had a problem making it back to bed. 

On 10/4/2019 at 1:16 AM, Sweets said:

Until u get the Epidural you can walk to the bathroom. After u get it. Your numb from the waist down and cant really tell what’s happening down there.  The doctors and nursers are to concerned if u pee ams other things happen to we wont talk about. As far as the first time i almost passed out trying to get up and go. I was a dumbass and got up by myself.  Made it to toilet but had a problem making it back to bed. 

How much water do you drink after an epidural?

1 hour ago, rajpatel1993 said:

Then how is a childbirth without epidural compared to epidural?

Ive had 2 kids both with with an epidural.  I cant imagine not having one. The contracts before i got was the worst pain i ever felt.  I was begging for one. 

Pee would be a good thing 😀

I was present at both my babies’ births.

With the first one, when it was starting to come out, the midwife said “put your hand there, you will feel the baby’s head”.
I put my hand down and tried to twiddle my fingers through all the folds and the flaps and the blubber, and then the feckin cow of a wife shat all over it. I had a handful of crap to greet my new born loved one.

Philosophical rhetorical question:
Did that colour my future relationships?

6 hours ago, Jethro P said:

Pee would be a good thing 😀

I was present at both my babies’ births.

With the first one, when it was starting to come out, the midwife said “put your hand there, you will feel the baby’s head”.
I put my hand down and tried to twiddle my fingers through all the folds and the flaps and the blubber, and then the feckin cow of a wife shat all over it. I had a handful of crap to greet my new born loved one.

Philosophical rhetorical question:
Did that colour my future relationships?

Well it happens and there isnt much you wife could have done to avoid it. She probably didnt even know it was happening.  When your pushing a little one out of y the size of bowling ball your going to push other things out too.  I made my husband swear to me never to speak of what came out of me.