Articel 13 or "Honey, the EU shrunk the internet" - your thoughts?

Today, the EU voted to put another brick in the wall to end free speech.

Youtube just suggested this video* to me, and it has a lot of background-information, if you need them:

* I am subscribed to the creator of this video, the UK-based ObsidianAnt, as he creates a lot vidoes for my currently favorite game, Elite:Dangerous; so thats why youtube may have suggested it to me.

My thoughts are:

Fuck the EU.   Hard. 😡

This vote means nothing else then no EU based website will be safe from being shut down, if all things went south. Because: they have to make SURE that nothing, that is uploaded to their site, contains anything that is copyrighted. Not a problem for big sites like youtube, but smaller sites - this one included - face really harsh punishments if copyrighted material is found. Simply because they are the ones held responsible now, not the actual uploader.

If you are not from the EU: lucky you. For now. Do not count on it staying that way... .  -_-

• Like 1

@WantonLee

I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The video even states that it's an impossible feat.  Also, Pee Fans would be exempt as it it only applies to sites that have over 5 million visitors per month.  Pee Fans gets far less than that.  I suggest you listen more carefully to the video.  I don't think it will affect anything.  It's really a joke.  Just my spin on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, 2prnot2p said:

@WantonLee

I wouldn't worry about it at all.  The video even states that it's an impossible feat.  Also, Pee Fans would be exempt as it it only applies to sites that have over 5 million visitors per month.  Pee Fans gets far less than that.  I suggest you listen more carefully to the video.  I don't think it will affect anything.  It's really a joke.  Just my spin on it.

I am waiting to see how it unfolds

I anyway hate this all

• Love 1