Aren't they a cute couple?

2prnot2p

The photo below shows my favorite bird.  Cardinals don't fly south for the winter.  Seeing them on a snowy day is one of life's treasures.  Like nearly all bird species, they are monogamous.  The Mr. and Mrs. hanging out on a winter day.  Cute!

il_570xN.529684035_6774.jpg

Edited by 2prnot2p
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

The photo below shows my favorite bird.  Cardinals don't fly south for the winter.  Seeing them on a snowy day is one of life's treasures.  Like nearly all bird species, they are monogamous.  The Mr. and Mrs. hanging out on a winter day.  Cute!

OMG THEY ARE SO CUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

Beautiful picture. I didn't know that they stayed around for the winter

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, speedy3471 said:

Beautiful picture. I didn't know that they stayed around for the winter

They're called the Northern Cardinal and, yes, they stay here for the winter.  I just checked on Wikipedia and they are in your province too.  I saw one yesterday and it was 14 F outside.  They are tough birds!

Edited by 2prnot2p
26 minutes ago, 2prnot2p said:

They're called the Northern Cardinal and, yes, they stay here for the winter.  I just checked on Wikipedia and they are in your province too.  I saw one yesterday and it was 14 F outside.  They are tough birds!

Lol they sure must be. I will keep me eyes open for them. Sure can't miss them lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, speedy3471 said:

Lol they sure must be. I will keep me eyes open for them. Sure can't miss them lol

It looks like the bright red male, on the right, is saying, "Marge, tell me again...why do we stay here in winter?"  She replies, "Oh Henry, stop your complaining!"  LOL!

They nest in evergreens, like pine trees.  You're most likely to see them near those.  In Detroit, we have many evergreens in residential neighborhoods like mine.

Edited by 2prnot2p