I wish I had a friend to vocally talk to.

My spouse has been working so much. Either 9:30am to 6pm.  10:30am to 7pm. 12:30am to 10pm plus one hour drive time there and back. He pretty much works 7 days a week or 5 days a week when he's in college classes which he leaves here to go to those classes. My parents are the only other people I vocally speak with and they are 5 hours away from here.  I spend hours trying to find someone to talk to on social media. someone that's happy and cheerful. That I could talk to about hobbies, music, games. A best friend that I could really get to know. Someone that could talk to me often. I don't have a drivers license so I can't leave my apartment. With 24% lung function, i'm too weak to walk to any stores since they are 20 mins away (walking). I use social media, but it's like... a private message from one or two people once in awhile. Not much real 'connection'. I want to hear someones voice. I want someone to be emotionally attached to me. Someone to make me laugh. Someone I can rely on and depend on to be there, whenever. Someone that really wants to know all about me. (well within reason) Private messaging.. is nice.. but just doesn't feel like enough for me.. I don't know if it's cause I grew up in the age before internet and when you had a friend, you'd call them up and talk to them on the phone for hours. I think...that feels more real to me.. it feels like the person is here with me... to hear their voice. 

• Love 1

Blackinksoul30,  I have empathy for you.  I, too, am alone most of the time.  However, I don't feel distraught about it.  Trust me, I've been through a lot of horrible things.  If I may be so bold, I suggest you get into some sort of counseling.  I'm not judging you or criticizing you, but I really think you could benefit from therapy.  I truly hope you'll give it some thought.  Until then, try to hang in there.

• Love 1

This was the saddest thing that Maigh and I have read for a while, feel so bad that you're in this situation, hang in there, ok?

Have you looked at any other ways of using the Internet to your advantage? Just one thing first, how would your spouse take to you talking to other people?

Maigh is pretty relaxed about me having friends on Skype (basically used as a modern version of a PenPal), and other forms of video interaction. Her words were: 'You can look, but not touch laddie, just  look'. She knows a few of my ladies now, they are from all over the world - London, St Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Japan, Alaska and USA. This is just freindly chat, no nakedness, nothing rude, just interest in other countries and how they live. 

If you decide to go this way, look for something you can control, sign up with a 'disposable' email address, and have the ability to cancel and back away from it. Be careful what you share too, once people know you're a vulnerable female, they won't care and will try to get inside your head. 

Think about it, if you want to go this way, just be very careful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
On 12/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, Scot_Lover said:

London, St Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Japan, Alaska and USA. This is just freindly chat, no nakedness, nothing rude, just interest in other countries and how they live.

LMAO!  I love how you wrote, "Alaska and USA."  That's so funny!  Alaska is in the USA, but I know what you meant.  It's like another world there, for sure.  -40 C is common in winter in Fairbanks, too cold for me.

9 hours ago, 2prnot2p said:

LMAO!  I love how you wrote, "Alaska and USA."  That's so funny!  Alaska is in the USA, but I know what you meant.  It's like another world there, for sure.  -40 C is common in winter in Fairbanks, too cold for me.

Lol, good pick up, but don't tell the people at Anchorage that, they seem a little left out, or hard done by, by the 'mainland'. I'm friends with a pilot, she flies all over the place, her Porter is like a car to her.

• Like 1
On 12/28/2018 at 5:11 PM, Scot_Lover said:

This was the saddest thing that Maigh and I have read for a while, feel so bad that you're in this situation, hang in there, ok?

Have you looked at any other ways of using the Internet to your advantage? Just one thing first, how would your spouse take to you talking to other people?

Maigh is pretty relaxed about me having friends on Skype (basically used as a modern version of a PenPal), and other forms of video interaction. Her words were: 'You can look, but not touch laddie, just  look'. She knows a few of my ladies now, they are from all over the world - London, St Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Japan, Alaska and USA. This is just freindly chat, no nakedness, nothing rude, just interest in other countries and how they live. 

If you decide to go this way, look for something you can control, sign up with a 'disposable' email address, and have the ability to cancel and back away from it. Be careful what you share too, once people know you're a vulnerable female, they won't care and will try to get inside your head. 

Think about it, if you want to go this way, just be very careful.

Would you like to talk to me on skype?