When/how did you learn about sex and menstruation?

I learned in 5th grade science class a basic one sentence definition of intercourse. Then in 6th grade we had a week or so where we learned about the reproductive systems in men and women. So i learned more about male parts. and even about my own body. We learned about how babies are made. Then we had to care for a pretend baby for a week and write a paper about it. 

In 4th grade our school had a 'maturity mother daughter tea party event' basically when all fourth grade girls gathered in the gym one day with their moms and watched a video about periods and puberty and a bit about boys as well.then we each got a bag that had some pads/tampons in it. I didn't get my first period though till i was 11 years old. I got it after school during the summer. So i got it pretty much 1 year after i learned what it was. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone about it. 

• Like 2

In middle school we had a health class each year that was everyone in one class and not split by gender or anything and for 2 of the years my teachers spent like 20 minutes talking about the whole parts thing but in 8th grade my teacher walked in and was pretty much just like this is a penis and this is a vulva. 

It is always fun to see the demographic of the class though. There's always those kids who are super awkward and don't say anything and then there's the people who seem to know a little too much and be a little too open about it. 

That area of discussion never was a mystery for me because me and my family would always go to nude beaches and such and it just was skin in my mind. There was no mystery. I knew from a very young age what penis's and vulva's looked like so as I grew up I never was curious or wanted to "get into people's pants." 

Sorry I went on like a life story there xD

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I don't remember when I learnt about sex, and I don't think I knew that much about menstruation until I was in high school. When I was in primary school, I can remember seeing ads for Modess sanitary pads in a women's magazine my mother bought. The ads were all much the same - a pic of an elegant, well-dressed woman with the caption "Modess because".  "Because" what?? I was puzzled, but I somehow knew it wasn't something my mother would want to explain to me.  

modoc48.jpg

Edited by UnauthorisedGuy

I had been having Wet dreams, which was a real irritation.  I would wake up trying to cut my water off as it pumped liquid into my PJ's.
I would have to get up and go to the bathroom and use toilet paper to get my PJ's as dry as I could and go back to bed.

At my piano lesson one time my teacher talked me into  letting him play with my penis.
This was no big deal he had already told me about a number of sexual escapeds  that he had engaged in.
As he was pumping away on my penis I began to feel this build up of pressure.
Not knowing what it was I just held still and suddenly there was this explosion that I recognized from my Wet dreams.
Well, it caught him by surprise and he was not prepared to catch the liquid.

Well, that felt so good that I had to try out the scheme by myself at home.
Boy, I was hooked.  I never gave those Wed dreams a chance.  I always had my system drained down.
I continued this activity until until I was so old that I could no longer put up an erections.
However, I still found a way to stimulate it and at least get an ejaculation.
Then the day came that I could no longer get get the ejaculation, just a sore penis from trying.
I had to give it up.  Now the only sex that I get is from talking about it.