Comedy.

Hopefully this hasn't been started elsewhere.

I'm a fan of a few comedians. Bill Bailey, Jimmy Carr, Russell Howard, Bo Burnham...I'm always on the lookout for someone new and interesting to watch, so perhaps this thread can be a place to share things we find funny from a comedy point of view. Stand-up, music, etc.

I'll start.

[media]

[/media]

[media]

[/media]
  • 2 weeks later...

I like quite a few of the comedians you referred to. I hadn't seen the videos either, but I enjoyed watching them. :D I used to be a big fan of Michael McIntyre, but it seems my humor has grown much darker in recent times, as I'm now much more into the likes of Frankie Boyle (very funny, but certainly not to everyone's taste).

Like you said, Bill Bailey is good for combining comedy and music. Tim Minchin seems to do this too. I also used to listen to Weird Al Yankovic parodies... anyone heard of him? :p

I'll have a think if I can think of any lesser known comedians I like to share with you guys, but in the meantime I look forward to hearing which comedians are already popular among members here? As LetsGetQuizzical did, please post any videos of the comedians here too!

I like quite a few of the comedians you referred to. I hadn't seen the videos either, but I enjoyed watching them. :biggrin: I used to be a big fan of Michael McIntyre, but it seems my humor has grown much darker in recent times, as I'm now much more into the likes of Frankie Boyle (very funny, but certainly not to everyone's taste).

Like you said, Bill Bailey is good for combining comedy and music. Tim Minchin seems to do this too. I also used to listen to Weird Al Yankovic parodies... anyone heard of him? :p

I'll have a think if I can think of any lesser known comedians I like to share with you guys, but in the meantime I look forward to hearing which comedians are already popular among members here? As LetsGetQuizzical did, please post any videos of the comedians here too!

Yeah, I could never really get into Michael McIntyre, it's all just a bit too cutesy and tongue-in-cheek for me. I prefer darker comedy too. Frankie Boyle is definitely good for a laugh, but I'm not sure I'd watch a whole show.

Huge Tim Minchin fan though.