Most interesting century

To any members, which century in history would you regard as the single most interesting century?

Am most focussed upon modern history myself, so for me it would have to be the 20th century.

• 4 weeks later...

Hard to say really,as if you were alive at the time your century would seem interesting.Perhaps the middle ages when Europe was nearly overrun by the Turks,which would have been scary at the time.Or the 13th when the Mongols were knocking on the doors of Hungary.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fannywatcher said:

Hard to say really,as if you were alive at the time your century would seem interesting.Perhaps the middle ages when Europe was nearly overrun by the Turks,which would have been scary at the time.Or the 13th when the Mongols were knocking on the doors of Hungary.

Well, the 20th century is most interesting to me from a viewpoint of study and reading about.

When it comes to actually living through it, I might choose a different century as most interesting to live through. 

I'd probably pick the 1st Century AD, somewhere in the vicinity of Jerusalem and Nazareth, to see for myself what facts actually lay behind the biblical tales of Jesus, maybe even meet the dude and have a good old chinwag with him.

Or I might choose the 5th Century AD in Britain, when the last Romans left and there were hardly any written records for two or three centuries, by which time Anglo-Saxon kingdoms had replaced Roman Britannia. Would find it fascinating to see how this began after Roman collapse, and witness a period about which very little is known for certainty.