Site Issues Fixed

Sorry for yet another thread on this (very unenjoyable) topic, but it seems the 3 main site problems are finally solved. 

> Internal 500 server errors - Definitely fixed. We've moved server, we have more resources, things don't crash anymore.

> Unable to see textbox for sending a private message (and for half a day: unable to post either) - Seems to be fixed, but this was always a sporadic issue.

> Unable to post images in the club - Seems to be fixed, but needs further testing.

If you still have these issues, first please clear your browser cache and any cookies for this site (please google how to do this if unsure so you are not logged out of all websites). 

If the above issues still persist and it is not yet 28th February, our new nameservers are still propagating - basically, you'll need to wait until then and keep checking back.

If you have any of the above three issues (or other technical problems) after doing the above and it is 28th February or later, please let me know immediately.

Sorry for all of this - hopefully we are back on track. There are no guarantees everything is perfect, but we are definitely heading in the right direction and things should be better.

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Haven't had an issue :) 

Now that's what we like to hear! :)  Of course do let me know if anything changes there, but I think we should be fine now.

I've seen @steve25805has been busy uploading some more club images too (thanks Steve!) so all seems fine on that front as well. Hopefully others will follow suit - now that it's actually working as it should, I think we should try and use clubs to its full potential. I'll try and help with that over the next few weeks, but in the meantime, everyone looking for some extra pictures, you now know where to find them! 

:peeing-in-the-snow: (A very apt time for that smiley for any UK pee fans!)

• Like 2

Not really an issue, but when I navigate away from the home page and return, chat box shows up as disconnected. I think it's a Safari / iPad problem, doesn't appear to do it on PC. Clicking reconnect works ok, I can live with it, everything else works fine. 

2 minutes ago, Scot_Lover said:

Not really an issue, but when I navigate away from the home page and return, chat box shows up as disconnected. I think it's a Safari / iPad problem, doesn't appear to do it on PC. Clicking reconnect works ok, I can live with it, everything else works fine. 

Yes, can't replicate that on PC. The site is definitely tailored more to PC viewing in all honesty, but I'll certainly see if I can find out why it would disconnect. At least it's easy enough to re-connect. :)

• 1 month later...

It seems we are looking good on the 'site issues' front (hopefully not jinxing anything by saying that). Of course do report anything if you are having any trouble with the site, but all does seem to be running smoothly now which is great news.

• Agree 2