Odd noises

Sephora

Me and my hubby woke up last night to some very strange noise outside. Not sure what to make of it, It sounded like a humming sound. We looked and thought the window in the sky and thought it was a plane going by but the noise lasted for a good 20 minutes. Which was hard to sleep really.

It must fly very low, because the minimum legal altitude is at least 1000 ft above ground level. At this altitude you shouldn't hear it from your bedroom (if it's a small airplane). Otherwise, bigger airplanes are not allowed to fly at low altitudes near civilisation.

It is possible that it was a helicopter in the distance. I know that in my area we have Medevac helicopters that are used for trauma transport. They often will circle the area while waiting for the landing zone to be set up, and for the patient to be extricated from a vehicle or transported to the LZ

You're right, I didn't think of medevac... I don't fly helicopters unfortunately.