Incapacitated and needing to pee

Has anyone ever been in any way incapacitated in hospital or some such place in any way, eg with broken arms or something, and needed assistance to pee?

If so, how did that go down? Do the nursing staff just slap a bedpan under you - even the guys - and let you get on with it? Or do the nursing staff themselves ever do things like hold your dick for you as you pee in the receptacle they are also holding?

If this has happened, have any guys ever developed embarrassing hard ons or at least semis during this process? And how did that go down? Was it laughed off?

And has anyone here ever been involved in nursing and had to assist any guys in this way with their pissing? Was it in any way enjoyable, or just part of the job?

Not me.But i would reckon nurses dont even register it,touching a patients penis after a while,it will become just like taking a temperature.But i can see how in a similar situation a guy could suffer a stiffy problem.

While I have never been in that situation, I have wondered how it would work for women who have to remain in a supine position and cannot sit on a bedpan. The nurse could put a bedpan under her buttocks, but how would they ensure that all of the pee stream lands in the pan? None of the bedpans I have seen have had a vertical "shield" (like some babies potties or Japanese squat toilets) to stop the pee overshooting.

I broke my arm quite badly when I was younger that required an overnight stay in hospital, I had done it early morning and by the time I had gotten to hospital, been seen by a doctor and finally given morphine it was past lunchtime and I had the need to go, i was in accident and emergency still waiting to go to theater and to be honest too spaced out and injoured to wander off to the toilet, its all a bit vague but from what I remember the nurse brought me a cardboard bottle similar in shape to those plastic ones you can get for car journys, I sort of remember the nurse asking if i needed a hand, but I said I could manage I was already wearing the one piece gown thing so scooched to the edge of the bed, Im right handed and had broken my left arm so should have been fine but I remeber getting frusrated and confused that i couldnt work out how to go, the next I remember Im peeing in the bottle which the nurse was holding then back to away with the fairys. As I was nil by mouth due to having to go to theatre I didnt have to go again till I was out of surgery, by that time it wa evening and I was getting usde to my cast, I needed to go so buzzed the nurse as I wasnt sure where the toilet was, again I was asked if I could manage and given directions to the toilet, but when I got out of bed I felt a bit dizzy and stumbled, I was alright again after a second or two, but was told she would have to accompany me to make sure "you dont pass out and bounce your head off the toilet" she led me to the toilet, a largeish room obviously to accomodate for all needs, then she followed me in, again asking if I needed a hand, I declined (I was shy and felt awkward) so did the job at hand, from then on during the night I just went under my own steam. Neither nurse seemed phased or showed any signs of interest other than just to help. I have friends and family who are in the medical profession and from what I can gather situations like that are quite mundane, they only really have stories about anything really out there weird, most of the time they are too busy or have seen it a million times to be that bothered. Ive also never heard of any of them even having a drink with a former patient let alone anything else, I think that sort of thing is the realm of "carry on films".