Lucky or unlucky flukes.

steve25805

As someone who reads a lot about World War 2 I read about what must surely have been the unluckiest guy, a Japanese civilian. He was in Hiroshima when the atomic bomb was dropped, survived, and was evacuated to Nagasaki where the second one was dropped three days later. The only man in history to have suffered two atomic bomb attacks. Mind you, since he survived both perhaps he is the luckiest man alive (though 1945 was a long time ago so he is probably actually dead by now anyway, lol).

I remember reading many years ago about a man whose wife was having an affair and decided to leave him. In despair he attempted to end it all by jumping out of a high rise window. Yet by some fluke he landed on his wife who happened to be walking by at the time, killed her and survived himself.

Sometimes you do have to wonder if God or any other type of supreme being has a twistedly dark sense of humour.

My wife’s grandfather was in the British Royal Navy in WWII and on one occasion the ship he was on was torpedoed and sunk.

He was rescued by a nearby ship… that was also torpedoed and sunk later the same day. 

He survived both and lived on into his 80’s tell us the tale. 

• Like 1