Claire's Secret Spice

Hey, my name is Claire. I work in the kitchen of my parents' bistro.

Every morning, I get up early and walk to the market when the sun is rising.

At the market, I love to see all the different stalls and the variety of food. As people are setting up their goods, I smile and greet the vendors I trust. I pick fresh vegetables and herbs. Afterwards I visit the butcher for some fresh meat.

With my baskets full, I head back to the bistro. The streets are still quiet and calm. I like the mood before the day begins.

When I reach the bistro, it is still empty. The chairs are on the tables. The kitchen is waiting for the busy day ahead. I put my baskets on the counter and look around.

Our customers love the way I cook and I bet it’s on my secret food prep. After washing the vegetables, I marinade them with my secret ingredient for some extra flavour.

If I have any left afterwards I spray it straight into the stock we set up daily.

Nobody knows about it and it’ll stay my little cooking hack.

As I prepare the kitchen, I think about what the dish of the day will be. Maybe I should start mixing cocktails in the future.

The day is full of possibilities. I am ready for whatever comes next.

00213-1455896940.png

• Love 3

Part II 

Bonjour,

my name is Emmanuelle.

I work as a vendor on the market, when I don’t work on the farm. Before the sun rises, I back our truck and head to the village. As I arrive, I set up my vegetable stall at the market. My parents grow the vegetables on our farm. I secretly hate it to be the one selling on the market, but what can I do.

I stay at the market the whole morning. It is busy and noisy. People come and go, buying and selling. But I am always alone at my stall.

There is one girl I see every day. Her name is Claire. She is about my age. When Claire walks past my stall, she always has a smile on her lips. Our eyes sometimes meet and we hold eye contact for a few seconds. She looks so carefree and cute. I really wish to get to know her, but she always shops at the same vendors she knows.  

Anyways. As I work, I often feel desperate standing in the stall the whole morning. I just can’t leave it alone for too long. The market is hard. People haggle over prices and get ruder pretty fast. So, I got this little hack for me, that sometimes attracts more customers.

Especially in the hot summer month I wear small sundresses to work, so I can easily just spread my legs and relief myself. It is now an open secret that I leave a puddle on the cobblestone pavement after the market is over. I've gotten used to working in it and sometimes I accidentally drop something when I have a particularly annoying customer.

I often fantasize over Claire joining me on this. I'm starving to feel this precious girls touch on my skin, but I guess that’s kinda on me. 

00031-3787892005.png

• Like 3

Love both stories. Particularly the first one. Hope you write more 🙂 also great images! Did you make those or find them!