When peeing acts as a major plot device

Like many others who are into gaming, I’ve been playing the remake of Resident Evil 4 lately. One thing I found interesting right off the bat is how the remake handled an early scene. 

In the original game, after some initial exposition, one of the local police driving you to a remote village gets out of the car to pee on the side of the road. You see him from the point of view of some monster roaming the woods, he comments that it’s cold, and then he gets back in the car for you to continue on your way. Still sort of a funny inclusion, but nothing major—the whole plot could have existed without it. 

In the remake, the officer gets out to pee, and it’s marked more prominently in the dialogue (a “nature calls” comment before the other officer teases him for “drinking the whole bar”). He walks deeper into the woods to pee, which we again see from the POV of some monster in the woods. This time, however, he notices some sound/movement and follows it deeper into the woods rather than returning to the car. After some time, the officer still in the car sends the main character out to go find him. I was really amused by how the peeing scene went from just a fun extra to the event that basically instigates the rest of the game. I wonder what made them want to shift the focus in that way. 

Anyway, this got me thinking about other media in which peeing plays a major role in the plot. I know we have plenty of lists of peeing scenes in movies/books/tv shows, but I thought it might be fun to have sort of a sub-list of moments like this, where the peeing is actually central to the plot and not just a fun little extra they gave us. 😂 

• Like 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 had a very in your face pee scene! When Arthur and Lenny are at the bar getting drunk he blacks out and then when he fades back in you have a POV of A.M. peeing against the side of the bar. I kinda let it happen thinking it would auto end, but after like 30 seconds I realized I had to press the x button to end it 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude is probably the video game with the most wet-fetish content I've encountered.  The way to sober-up the PC / protagonist (i.e. Larry) is to have him pee, something which the player controls.  Peeing can be done anywhere, on anything (including on NPCs, who do react to it).  If I recall correctly, it is also possible to pee while the protagonist is moving...making it possible to pee on multiple NPCs in a single pee session. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, MonsterKane46 said:

it's not really central to plot but Scream 2022 had a scene where a guy gets ejected from a bar then gets pissed off so starts pissing on the wall outside in the parking lot which allows Ghostface to attack and kill him

This is basically exactly what I was talking about! I worded it a bit wrong when I said “central to the plot,” but the fact that this guy was peeing on the wall of the bar moves the plot forward in a specific way. Like, it’s not just a superfluous pee scene. 

In "Species" there is a scene where Sil saw this woman as a competition for the male she is attracted to, when she goes to the toilet to pee, she follows her and kill her by ripping of her spine in the seat 

Edited by AWN_84
Added Scene
  • Like 1