Odd way of the holding the penis when peeing

The thumb underneath option seems to be quite common in the north-east of England. I'd never encountered it until I moved here but it's common enough to be used to mime where one is going across a noisy pub - if a group of men are heading off from the pub and one or more are across the other side of the bar and heading to the toilet first, for example - they might use two fingers opposing the thumb, held at head height ( ! ) so as to be seen and because gesturing with the hand in its correct position would be rather rude. This might have been widespread in industrial settings like shipbuilding and steelworks, I suppose. Not much use down a mine...A similar gesture but using the whole fist moving from the forehead is used to issue the insult 'knob-head'. I don't know the female version.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mitch11 said:

The thumb underneath option seems to be quite common in the north-east of England. I'd never encountered it until I moved here but it's common enough to be used to mime where one is going across a noisy pub - if a group of men are heading off from the pub and one or more are across the other side of the bar and heading to the toilet first, for example - they might use two fingers opposing the thumb, held at head height ( ! ) so as to be seen and because gesturing with the hand in its correct position would be rather rude. This might have been widespread in industrial settings like shipbuilding and steelworks, I suppose. Not much use down a mine...A similar gesture but using the whole fist moving from the forehead is used to issue the insult 'knob-head'. I don't know the female version.

Okay. Interesting to know.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Some more material of this strange way of holding it while peeing. An old picture of soldiers peeing together, the guy in the right seems to be doing the hold with his other hand next to it in a regular position.

kuva_2023-07-30_095946784.png

Is there perhaps a line of logic that there’s a sort of modesty issue going on - when viewed from a normal height all you’d see mostly is the back of the hand and stream.

I mean, I’m currently in Belgium for a large sporting event and there have been a number of guys spotted taking a piss outdoors.

Now for us, generally when we piss outdoors we are often enjoying the experience, the thrill, the exhibitionism of it. And in a lot of places peeing outdoors is frowned upon.

But consider a society more liberal, and pissing as just a natural need and it is possible to piss outdoors whilst trying to be respectful by shielding one’s penis from view ?

Just a line of thought…

• Agree 1
On 4/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, Loller said:

The peeing statues in front of the Kafka museum in Prague also seem to be holding their penises in this "backwards" manner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_(Černý)

OMG! I had no idea about this statue. The wikipeedia article says "Visitors to the area can command the men to write messages into the water via SMS"!!

On 7/30/2023 at 10:24 AM, gldenwetgoose said:

Is there perhaps a line of logic that there’s a sort of modesty issue going on - when viewed from a normal height all you’d see mostly is the back of the hand and stream.

I mean, I’m currently in Belgium for a large sporting event and there have been a number of guys spotted taking a piss outdoors.

Now for us, generally when we piss outdoors we are often enjoying the experience, the thrill, the exhibitionism of it. And in a lot of places peeing outdoors is frowned upon.

But consider a society more liberal, and pissing as just a natural need and it is possible to piss outdoors whilst trying to be respectful by shielding one’s penis from view ?

Just a line of thought…

This is most likely an explanation for the hold but having your hands on the side with the thumb on top and fingers underneath the shaft seems to do an equally good job of covering up and also makes aiming your stream easier so that's why I am wondering about this type of hold.

On 7/30/2023 at 11:23 AM, Lennys_wet_now said:

I was always told that holding your cock, turning your hand with your knuckles out was called the one ear elephant.🤣

Prefer to pull out my cock and balls and go hands free.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=One Eared Elephant

• Love 1