Found a seller on Etsy that only paints three women peeing in urinals if anyone is looking to spruce up their home

I'm sure many of us on this forum are familiar with the photo this painting is based on. It's been passed around and even meme'd for years. This artist just took the photo, painted over it digitally and created multiple versions representing different football teams. Most of the reviews I read were from women, many of whom said they were buying it for their husbands or boyfriends. They were especially excited about their guy's favorite team being represented. That particular urinal shot was a clever pic to choose because it shows three women pissing but doesn't even show side butt. I think I read something like 400 sold on the page. What a brilliant hustle!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Takashi96 said:

I'm sure many of us on this forum are familiar with the photo this painting is based on. It's been passed around and even meme'd for years. This artist just took the photo, painted over it digitally and created multiple versions representing different football teams. Most of the reviews I read were from women, many of whom said they were buying it for their husbands or boyfriends. They were especially excited about their guy's favorite team being represented. That particular urinal shot was a clever pic to choose because it shows three women pissing but doesn't even show side butt. I think I read something like 400 sold on the page. What a brilliant hustle!

I was trying to think of the pic, hell I might have it saved somewhere!

• Haha 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Vassal said:

I was trying to think of the pic, hell I might have it saved somewhere!

I recognized it immediately. It was everywhere around the mid 00s. I think it might have come from webshots or flickr originally. Whoever took that picture should be getting a cut of the sales. Not to mention those poor drunk gals. 

5 hours ago, Takashi96 said:

I recognized it immediately. It was everywhere around the mid 00s. I think it might have come from webshots or flickr originally. Whoever took that picture should be getting a cut of the sales. Not to mention those poor drunk gals. 

Yeah those ladies definitely should be compensated for this at the very least.

• Agree 1
On 11/3/2022 at 6:22 AM, Vassal said:

Yeah those ladies definitely should be compensated for this at the very least.

I don't specifically remember this picture of three from the side, what I do remember from around that time from Webshots was a pic of two girls using two urinals facing away from the wall, with the view straight on showing their streams below their tops hanging in front. I think I still have a copy of that one somewhere. There certainly are a lot of "funny" pictures around the web of women using urinals--or toilets--that don't show any stream. I've forgotten most of them I'm sure.

But yeah, this is odd for something on Etsy as this isn't so much a "homemade" piece of art as a significant re-processing of a photo that he obviously found online.

Edited by Carb0nBased